- Maud (Clare) de Brewes's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
She was born about 1175. She married William de Brewes, son of William de Brewes, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, & Ower Gwent, Seigneur de Briouze and Matilda (Maud) de St. Valerie, before 1198. They had 4 sons (John; Giles; Philip; and Walter) and 1 daughter (Maud, wife of Sir Henry de Tracy). Maud (Matilda) de Clare died after 10 July 1220.
Richardson writes (MCA):
"Maud escaped when her husband was captured. She was imprisoned in Corfe Castle, and was restored to her father 28 July 1213. In June 1215 custody of the town of Buckingham, Buckinghamshire was granted to Maud's father, Earl Richard de Clare. In 1217 she had letters of conduct to come to England. In 1219 Maud sued her brother-in-law, Reynold de Brewes, for dower in the manors of Shoreham, Bramber, Beeding, Steyning, Findon, Knepp (in Shipley), Horsham, Warnham, and Washington, Sussex."
- John de Brewes, lord of Gower, Bramber, Findon, & Washington, d bef 16 Jul 1232.
- Maud de Brewes
- Walter de Brewes, d. before 14 Jan 1234
- Giles de Brewes, d. after Jan 1218
Additional daughters named by other sources
- Annor (Eleanor) de Brewes
- Eve de Brewes
Marlyn Lewis writes:
Maud (Matilda) de Clare This person is problematic. I think we are dealing with two different ladies (Maud de Clare and Maud de Clere). The first [this profile] did marry William de Brewes and I think her parents are Richard de Clare and Amicia of Gloucester. The other was Maud de Clere, sister of the Treasurer of York Minster. That Maud married Roger de Lacy. (ODNB)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd edn, Vol. I, p. 313-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd edn, Vol. I, p. 446-8.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 526-7.
- ↑ Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 183.
- ↑ Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 75.
- ↑ Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 55.
- ↑ Some Early English Pedigrees, by Vernon M. Norr, p. 34.
- ↑ Our Royal, Titled, Noble and Commoner Ancestors, p191, i5728
- See also:
- Douglas Richardson: Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition (2011), 4 vols.
- Douglas Richardson: Royal Ancestry, 1st Edition (2013), 5 vols.
- Magna Carta Ancestry 2011 2nd ed. Vol. I p. 313-316
This page has been edited according to Style Standards adopted January 2014. Descriptions of imported gedcoms for this profile are under the Changes tab.
This person was created through the import of Sheppard_Duncan_Bickham_Stroud.ged on 01 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Source: #S-2141108661
- Page: Ancestry Family Trees
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Maud's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, John Schmeeckle, Ted Williams, and Wendy Hampton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 2, 2016 at 23:37GMT RJ Horace wrote:
On June 14, 2014 at 19:00GMT Sheri Havens wrote:
Maud is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 26 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 21 degrees from Mark Hamill, 25 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.