- Mary (Clark) Chatterton's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
New Haven Records
30 May 1655 at a General Court at New Haven. https://archive.org/stream/recordscolonyor01congoog#page/n151/mode/2up
Trying to estimate Mary's birth: We know she was married to William Chatterton by July 1661, so say 1660-15=1645 or 1660-21=1639. She had her last child in 1680. Her husband William was 21 by 1646, when he had an assigned seat at the meeting house so born before 1625
There are no printed vital records in New Haven before 1649. 6 Jan 1645 has no basis in known fact.
James Clark in a tax list estimated to have been written in 1641 has 4 persons in his household implying 2 children.
1655 Mary Clark in court records.. that John Knight corrupted her and she has to much complied with him. She seems to be living with Goodman Judson and wife at this time.
Mary Chatterton, an adult was baptized 8 Apr 1688 at the First New Haven Congregational Society. Mary Chatterton Sr. was admitted to the church in June of the same year.
Mary Chatterton, widow, died 3 Feb 1722 in Wallingord, Connecticut.
- Date: 06 JAN 1645
- Place: of, New Haven, New Haven, CT
- Source: S105 Title: The ancestry of William Francis Joseph Boardman, Hartford, Connecticut Author: Boardman, William Francis Joseph Publication: The Case, Lockwood & Brainard company Page: p 175 Data: Text: 99. The wife of William Chatterton was MARY CLARK, daughter of James Clarke (No. 198), whom he married about 1660. After the death of her husband she lived some years in New Haven, but about 1717 went to live with her daughter, Mary Hotchkiss, in Wallingford, and died there February 3, 1722. In a document dated March 8, 1688-9, James and Samuel Clark, administrators of the estate of James Clarke, Senior, give William Chatterton, whom they term " our brother," power to act in behalf of his son, Samuel Chatterton, as an heir of James Clarke. [New Haven Land Records, I: 448.] CONT Children of William and Maby Chatteeton. CONT I. Sarah, b. in New Haven, July 19, 1661 ; m. Samuel Benton of Hartford. CONT II. Hannah, b. Aug. 4, 1663 ; d. Nov. 4, 1663. CONT III. Mercy (No. 49). CONT IV. Mary, b. Dec. 12, 1666 ; d. young. CONT V. John, b. Feb. 21, 1668 ; m. Apr. 30, 1690, Mary Clements, and had Mary, Esther, Sarah, and Lydia. CONT VI. Samuel, b. June 10, 1671 ; m. , and had Samuel, Sarah, Elizabeth, William, Joseph, Wait, John, Sarah and Samuel. CONT VII. Mary, b. Nov. 29, 1673; m. in 1694, John Hotchkiss of Wallingford (Cheshire). CONT VIII. Joseph, b. June 1, 1676; d. before Feb. 1, 1699. CONT IX. Susanna, b. Sept. 17, 1678 ; m. Joshua Hotchkiss of New Haven. CONT X. Hannah, b. Jan. 23, 1680; d. before Feb. 1, 1699.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: J. Wesley Cleveland, Merilee Burton, Anonymous S, and Peter Ranger. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Mary is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 43 degrees from Anne Frank, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.