Note to PM's and other interested parties: This William Clarke is often confused with many other William Clarkes of the same period. This William Clarke is believed to have remained in England. As yet, his wife, children, and death have not been sourced. Please provide reliable sourcing when updating this information.
He was the only member of the family who remained in England.
Moriarty places his death as 15 March 1682, but this may be confused with a different William Clarke.
- Moriarty, G. Andrews, Jr.; "Genealogical Research in England - Clarke-Cooke (alias Carewe)-Kerrich"; vol. 75, pg. 279-80; 1921
- Source: New England Historical and Genealogical Register Abbreviation: NEHGR Publication: Boston, MA
- Source: S629 Title: Clarke Genealogy - Bonevich Website, Second Location: http://www.bonevich.com/clarke/ Abbreviation: Bonevich Website Author: Bonevich, Jeffrey D.
- Source: Rhode Island Historical Magazine ; Author: RI Historical Society; Publication: Newport, RI
- ↑ "Peckham Genealogy: the English ancestors and American descendants of John Peckham of Newport, Rhode Island 1630", Records in the Bible of John Clarke, p. 210, entry reads: William Clarke : my sone : batpised the: 11: of february : 1611
- ↑ Ibid, p. 212, Extracts from the Parish Register of Westhorpe, Suffix, England entry reads: 1611 William Clarke baptised February 16.
- ↑ Source: #S54 Page: Moriarty, G. Andrews, Jr.; "Genealogical Research in England - Clarke-Cooke (alias Carewe)-Kerrich"; vol. 75, pg. 279-80; 1921.
- ↑ Moriarty, G. Andrews, Jr.; "Genealogical Research in England - Clarke-Cooke (alias Carewe)-Kerrich"; vol. 75, pg. 280; 1921.
- ↑ Ibid
- Thank you to Sandy Harris for creating WikiTree profile Clarke-2676 through the import of Clark Goudy Odenbaugh Price Family Tree_2013-02-04.ged on Feb 4, 2013.
- WikiTree profile Clarke-1529 created through the import of EBENSTEIN-GRANGER.GED on Aug 19, 2011 by Merryann Palmer.
- Thank you to Jonathan Capps for creating Clarke-3738 on 18 Nov 13. Click the Changes tab for the details on contributions by Jonathan and others.
- WikiTree profile Clarke-1785 created through the import of Winn.ged on Dec 20, 2011 by Elizabeth S.
- Thank you to Tammy Perry for creating WikiTree profile Clarke-3681 through the import of Tammy Perry Family Tree.ged on Nov 3, 2013.
- Import of Ella Lamoreaux.ged on 28 April 2011.
- Thank you to Merilee Burton for creating WikiTree profile Clark-15202 through the import of burton.ged_2013-12-25.ged on Dec 26, 2013.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Merry Ann Palmer, Robert Keniston, Daniel Jacobsen, Elizabeth S, Merilee Burton, Sandy Harris, and Tammy Perry. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On September 3, 2014 at 13:19GMT Robert Keniston wrote:
On September 2, 2014 at 23:25GMT Bryan McCullagh wrote:
On January 20, 2014 at 02:23GMT Merry Ann Palmer wrote: