- Euphame (Clavering) de Neville's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|European Aristocrats Source|
|Our main source for medieval genealogy in the European Aristocrats Project is the FMG database MEDIEVAL LANDS: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families by Charles Cawley,© Charles Cawley & Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, 2000-2015.|
|This person is a descendant of a Magna Carta surety baron.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Magna Carta Project!
Lineage to Magna Carta Surety
- John FitzRobert MCS is the father of
- Roger FitzJohn of Clavering is the father of
- Robert FitzRoger of Clavering is the father of
- Eupheme (Clavering) Neville
Euphemia de Clavering (b. after 1265 Clavering, Essex)2,3,4,5 married Sir Randolph de Neville, 1st Lord Neville of Raby, Constable of Warkworth Castle, son of Robert de Neville and Mary FitzRanulph, before 12 March 1281.2,3,4,5
They had 5 sons (Sir Robert; Sir Ralph, 2nd Lord Neville; Sir Alexander; John; & Thomas, Archdeacon of Durham) and 4 daughters (Anastasia, wife of Sir Walter de Fauconberg; Mary; Ida; & Eupheme).2,3,4,5
- Royal Ancestry by Douglas Richardson Vol. IV page 228
- RANULPH (or RALPH, RANDOLPH) DE NEVILLE (also known as RANULPH FITZ ROBERT DE NEVILLE), Knt., married (2nd) MARGERY DE THWENG, daughter of John, son Marmaduke de Thweng. They had no issue.
Euphemia de Clavering died circa 1320 at Warworth, England; Buried at St. Mary's Church, Staindrop, Durham.
- Father: Sir Robert FitzRoger, 5th Baron Warkworth, 1st Baron Clavering, 1st Lord FitzRoger6,3,7,5 (b. c 1247, d. b 29 Apr 1310)
- Mother: Margery la Zouche6,3,7,5 b. c 1251
"Eupheme de Clavering, daughter of Robert FitzRoger, Knight, by Margery daughter of Alan la Zouche, Knight, of Ashby, married Sir Randolph (or Ralph) de Neville, 1st Lord Neville of Raby, Constable of Warkworth Castle before 12 March 18 Oct 1280/1." They had five sons, Robert, Knight, Ralph, Knight, 2nd Lord Neville, Alexander, Knight, John, Thomas, Archdeacon of Durham, and four daughters, Anastasia (wife of Walter Fauconberg, Knight), Mary Ida and Eupheme. 
- Robert de "Peacock of the North" Neville (d. Jun 1319)
- Anastasia de Neville (d. a 1315)
- Sir Ralph de Neville, 2nd Baron Nevill of Raby, Sheriff of Hutton, Snape, Sutton in the Forest, & Wells+ [9,3,5] (b. c 1291, d. 5 Aug 1367)
- Royal Ancestry 2013 D. Richardson Vol. IV p. 227-228
- Magna Carta Ancestry 2011 2nd ed. Vol. III p. 241-242
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Magna Carta Ancestry, (2nd ed, Vol. I, pp. 492). Salt Lake City, UT: N.p.;
Magna Carta Ancestry, (2nd ed, Vol. III, pp. 241). Salt Lake City, UT: N.p.
Royal Ancestry, (Vol. II, pp. 225). N.p; Royal Ancestry, (Vol. IV, pp. 226-227). N.p.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, (Vol IV, pp. 228)
- ↑ www.thepeerage.com
- ↑ our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com
- 1. [S3043] N.a., (n.d.) Wallop Family, (Vol. 4, line 728). N.p.; Weis, F.L. (n.d.). Ancestral Roots of 60 Colonists, (pp. 156). N.p.
- 2. [S16] Richardson, D. (2011) Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 492.
- 3. [S16] Richardson, D. (2011) Magna Carta Ancestry, (2nd ed, Vol. III, pp. 241). Salt Lake City, UT: N.p.
- 4. [S4] Richardson, D. (n.d.) Royal Ancestry, (Vol. II, p. 225). N.p
- 5. [S4] Richardson, D. (n.d.) Royal Ancestry, (Vol. IV, p. 226-227). N.p.
- 6. [S16] Richardson, D. (n.d.). Magna Carta Ancestry, (2nd ed, Vol. I, pp. 489-490). Salt Lake City, UT: N.p.
- 7. [S4] Richardson, D. (n.d.) Royal Ancestry, (Vol. II, p. 222-223). N.p.
- 8. [S11568] Cokayne, G.E. (n.d.). The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, (Vol. IX, pp. 498-499). N.p.
- 9. [S5] Douglas Richardson, D. (n.d.). Plantagenet Ancestry, (pp. 538-539). N.p.
- MCP 1: Weis, F. L. (1999). The Magna Sureties, 1215, (5th ed). Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. amazon.com
- Richardson, D. (2013). Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, (Vol. IV, p.227, # 10 - pp. 228). Kimball G. Everingham, Ed. Salt Lake City, UT: N.p. amazon.com
- Medieval Lands, database online, (accessed 31 March 2015), Charles Cawley and Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, Randolph Neville,
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Euphame's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Wendy Hampton, Ted Williams, Jeffrey Steele, Carol Wilkerson, Tony X, and Tom Cahalan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Euphame is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 36 degrees from Anne Frank, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 27 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.