- Henry Clay Sr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Henrico County, Virginia.
- Henry Clay was born in 3 Aug 1672 in Dale Parish, VA. He was the son of Charles Clay and Hannah Wilson. He passed away in 1760.  Death date: 3 Aug 1760 Chesterfield Co VA
- Transcript of Henry Clay's will, "signed March 28, 1749, and probated at the September term of Chesterfield court, 1760", includes the following:
- to "son William Clay ... and my land and plantation on Deep Creek, in Henrico County, whereon Richard Belcher now lives..."
- son Henry Clay
- son Charles Clay
- son John Clay
- daughter Amey Williamson
- daughter Mary Watkins
- grandson Henry Clay
- granddaughter Mary Clay, daughter of Charles Clay
- wife Mary
- Slaves named in will:
- Phoebe (willed to granddaughter Mary Clay): "one negro girl, named Phoebe"
- Lewis, Jo, Sue, Nann, Jenny, and Sarah (willed to Mary, his wife): "my negroes Lewis, Jo, Sue, Nann, Jenny and Sarah"
- other slaves mentioned, but not by name
- The four sons, named executors, were "granted letters of administration on the oaths of George Farrar and Allyson Clarke, witnesses. B. Watkins was clerk of Chesterfield County at that time."
- ↑ First-hand information as remembered by Betty Tindle, Wednesday, January 22, 2014. Replace this citation if there is another source.
- ↑ p 69, The Clay Family
- ↑ text for William Marston Green m Amey Clay says "later Williamson"
- ↑ in parentheses, "Dr. Henry Clay of Ky."
- ↑ in parentheses "afterwards Mrs. Stephen Lockett"
- See Also:
- WikiTree profile Clay-689 created through the import of Mimi.ged on Sep 15, 2011 by Richard Draper. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Richard and others.
- This person was created through the import of LaBach Family TreeApril28_2011.ged on 05 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- WikiTree profile Clay-901 created through the import of Ehrbar Family Tree.ged on Oct 9, 2012 by Jeffery Owens. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jeffery and others.
- WikiTree profile Clay-906 created through the import of Ehrbar Family Tree.ged on Oct 9, 2012 by Jeffery Owens. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jeffery and others.
- This person was created on 04 March 2011 through the import of THWEATT43.GED.
- Richard Belcher, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Richard and others.
Searching for someone else?
- Henry Clay
- Henry Robert Clay
- Henry Clay
- Henry Grady Clay
- Henry Clay
- Henry Charles Clay Sr.
- Unknown Clay
- Unknown Clay
- Henry T. Clay
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Henry:
- Annie Ethel Threet : 23andMe
- Brent Bowen : 23andMe, GEDMatch M184152 + AncestryDNA, Ancestry member BrentBowen1 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #B1790 + Autosomal DNA Test
- Paul Bailey : 23andMe
- Kelly Dawn Wills : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A173305, Ancestry member rdcarson58
- George Bedinger : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member GBedinger
- George Michael Bedinger : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member GBedinger
- Margaret Golden : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A539559, Ancestry member margegoldensf
- Sally (Bankson) Bingman : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #234132
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Betty Tindle, John Threatt, Richard Belcher, Jeffery Owens, and Richard Draper. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Henry is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 27 degrees from Gene Kelly, 26 degrees from Bram Stoker and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.