Son of Emanuel Clements & Martha Hardin Clements. Wife Molly Ann Robinson.Emanuel Clements was also known as Manning, Mannen & Mannin. Emanuel was killed at the Senate Sallon in Ballinger, Tx.,by City Marshall Joe Townsend on March 29, 1887. He became a candidate for Sheriff for the new county of Runnels, just prior to him being killed. Emanuel was one of John Wesley Hardin's closest friends & 2nd cousin. He was involved in the Taylor-Sutton feud, on the Taylor side The April 2, 1887, edition of The Ballinger Eagle reported Emanuel Manning Clements II was killed in a gunfight at the Alamo saloon in Ballinger, Runnels Co., Tex.:
"Manning Clements Killed. A pistol shot was heard near night Tuesday afternoon in the Alamo saloon on 7th street, and it was soon learned that the ever-present six-shooter had got in its deadly work on Manning Clements, a stockman of McCulloch county, who has been in Ballinger several weeks shipping stock. Clements was a first cousin to John Wesley Hardin, and like the noted John Wesley had spent more than one man to his long home. For the last several years had led a quieter life than in his younger days, having married and settled down. The evidence taken at the inquest by Judge Hargrove Tuesday night and Wednesday morning discloses substantially the following facts: Deputy Sheriff Joe Townsend, Sheriff Formwalt and Manning Clements were in the Alamo saloon. The two latter had been drinking, and Formwalt had fired off his pistol in Hamilton and Conner's saloon a short while before. Townsend was endeavoring to secure his pistol. Formwalt was drawing his pistol, and Townsend had seized it, when Clements with an oath ordered him to stop, and was leveling a pistol which he had in the meantime drawn, on Townsend. Retaining his hold upon Formwalt's pistol, Townsend instantly fired, the ball entering about an inch above Clement's left eye, ranging backward and upward. Clements fell to the floor in a sitting posture and immediately expired. His pistol was in his hand at full cock after he died, showing in all probability Townsend only escaped death by depriving Clements of his life. The Odd Fellows, of which society he was a member took charge of the body and prepared it for interment and expressed it to the home of the dead man. He leaves a wife, one daughter and son" (Vol. 5, No. 31 Whole No. 239).
Mother Martha is sister to John Wesley Hardin, son of a preacher, who was Texas' deadliest outlaw after the Civil War. Hellen Effie Bramlette Clements' brother Pat Bramlette joined the Hardin Gang and he was later killed in Kansas in a saloon shootout in 1892. The Bramlettes are children of Louisa Mariah "Louise" "Lou" Thomas and Mack Henry "McHenry" Bramlette of Bedford County, Va., and Frio Co., Tex
- WikiTree profile Clements-421 created through the import of Godfrey non-living.ged on Jun 14, 2011 by Jim Godfrey. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jim and others.
- Source: S8 Abbreviation: GEDCOM file from Betty Hamilton January 2009 Title: GEDCOM file from Betty Hamilton January 2009
1. Abbrev: OneWorldTreeSM Title: OneWorldTreeSM Repository: Name: Norvan L. Johnson 178 th st Tinley Park, IL 60477 Text: Ancestry.com. One World Tree (sm) [database online]. Provo , UT: MyFamily.com, Inc. 2. Abbrev: 1860 United States Federal Census Title: 1860 United States Federal Census Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004 Note: United States of America, Bureau of the Census, Eighth Cens us of the United States, 1860, Washington, D.C.: National A rchives and Records Administration, 1860 Repository: Name: Norvan L. Johnson 178 th st Tinley Park, IL 60477 Text: Online publication - Ancestry.com. 1860 United States Feder al Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generatio ns Network, Inc., 2004.Original data - United States of Ame rica, Bureau of the Census. Eighth Census of the United Sta tes, 1860. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Record s Administration, 1860.M653, 1,438 rolls. , Gonzales, Texas , post office Salt Stream, roll M653_1295, page 80, image 1 61. 3. Abbrev: Wallis, Kathryn Ann Title: "Wallis_Ware," supplied by Wallis, 7-7-2009. Author: compiled by Kathryn Ann Wallis [(E-ADDRESS), & MAILING ADDR ESS FOR PRIVATE USE], Waco, TX 76710 Repository: Name: n/a 4. Abbrev: 1850 United States Federal Census Title: 1850 United States Federal Census Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005 Note: United States of America, Bureau of the Census, Seventh Cen sus of the United States, 1850, Washington, D.C.: Nationa l Archives and Records Administration, 1850 Repository: Name: Norvan L. Johnson 178 th st Tinley Park, IL 60477 5. Abbrev: email, 2/25/2006, Prudence Henning Title: email, 2/25/2006, Prudence Henning
Thanks to Allan Thomas for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Allan and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Manny by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Manny:
- Scott Fair - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M005391
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Allan Thomas, James Davis, Phyllis Cochran, and Shelby Clements. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Manny is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 32 degrees from Gene Kelly, 22 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.