- Roger (Clifford) de Clifford's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Titles of Roger de Clifford (Royal Ancestry):
- Constable of Hanley Castle 1216
- Constable of Briavels Castle
- Warden of the Forest of Dean 1224-30
Death and burial
(Royal Ancestry) Roger de Clifford died shortly before 28 August 1231, and was buried in Dore Abbey, Herefordshire.
- Royal Ancestry 2013 Vol. V p. 183-185
- Ancestral Roots 8th ed. F.L. Weis 2004 Line 255-28 page 245
- Clifford pedigree - titled 'Table Showing the Descent of the Barony of Clifford' which lists him as: Roger de Clifford. Had, as a gift from his father, the manor of Temedbury (Tenbury?) co. Worcester, and all the services of Standon, Aristun, and Westun. Died 16th Henry III.
- Ancestry.com family trees
This page has been edited according to Style Standards adopted January 2014. Descriptions of imported gedcoms for this profile are under the Changes tab.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Roger by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Rand Prouse : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M269, Ysearch 7GKEN, FTDNA kit #B35870
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Michael Ferris, Ted Williams, and Jeffrey Steele. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Roger is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 26 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 36 degrees from Gene Kelly, 26 degrees from Bram Stoker and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.