Categories: WikiTree Help
Joining the Community
If you see that a close family member is already using WikiTree, ask them for an invitation.
Otherwise register for a guest membership instantly. Our community needs more good genealogists!
Benefits of Membership
- Create and edit an unlimited number of profiles.
- Add an unlimited number of photos and source images.
- Receive private messages without revealing an e-mail address.
- Invite an unlimited number of family members to privately share modern family history.
- Follow activity in up to 20 surnames.
- Attach your Y-chromosome, mitochondrial, and other DNA test information to ancestor profiles, and enjoy the growing range of features and benefits for genealogists who have taken DNA tests.
- Receive weekly e-mail updates with recent changes, thank-yous received, and upcoming birthdays.
- Access all birth, wedding, and death date anniversaries for everyone in your family for the entire calendar year.
- Track all personal contributions and view detailed edit histories.
- Award and receive badges.
- Send family photos as e-cards.
- Limit surname index pages to display only family members.
- Coordinate family reunions, surname projects, events and just about anything else on an unlimited number of public or private web pages.
- Display ancestors and descendants in over a dozen of different family views.
- Find a common ancestor with anyone else within 20 generations and name your relationship.
- Use advanced "FindMatches" and merging tools.
- Participate in projects for historically-significant ancestors.
- Have a user profile in the genealogist-to-genealogist (G2G) forum.
- Export GEDCOMs for safe-keeping or to upload a family tree elsewhere.
- See virtually no advertisements.
WikiTree's only source of revenue is advertising on public pages. Therefore we can only afford to provide these free services to genealogists who share our mission to grow a shared family tree that will someday make genealogy free and accessible for everyone.
This page was last modified 13:54, 25 August 2015. This page has been accessed 203,621 times.