Joining the Community
If you see that a close family member is already using WikiTree, ask them for an invitation.
Otherwise register for a guest membership instantly. Especially if you're a genealogist. Our community needs more good genealogists!
Benefits of Membership
- Create and edit an unlimited number of profiles.
- Upload an unlimited number of photos.
- Receive messages without revealing an e-mail address.
- Import GEDCOMs to bulk-create up to 2,000 profiles.
- Invite an unlimited number of family members to privately share modern family history.
- Monitor the contributions of others through a Family Activity Feed on a personal Navigation Home Page.
- Follow activity in up to 20 surnames in a Wiki Genealogy Feed.
- Attach your Y-chromosome, mitochondrial, and other DNA test information to ancestor profiles, and enjoy the growing range of features and benefits for genealogists who have taken DNA tests.
- Receive weekly e-mail updates with recent changes, thank-yous received, and upcoming birthdays.
- Track all personal contributions and view detailed edit histories.
- Award and receive badges.
- Send family photos as e-cards.
- Limit surname index pages to display only family members.
- Resort surname index pages alphabetically, or by birth date, Privacy Level, or date of last edit.
- Coordinate family reunions, surname projects, events and just about anything else on an unlimited number of public or private web pages.
- Display ancestors and descendants in over a dozen of different Family Views.
- Find a common ancestor with anyone else within 20 generations and name your relationship.
- Use advanced "FindMatches" and merging tools.
- Participate in projects for historically-significant ancestors.
- Have a user profile in the genealogist-to-genealogist (G2G) forum.
- Export GEDCOMs for safe-keeping or to upload a family tree elsewhere.
- See virtually no advertisements.
WikiTree's only source of revenue is advertising on public pages. This is very limited, so we can only afford to provide these free services to genealogists who share our mission to grow a shared family tree that will someday make genealogy free and accessible for everyone.
This page was last modified 12:31, 14 April 2014. This page has been accessed 109,104 times.