Categories: WikiTree Help
WikiTree has three types of members: Wiki Genealogists, Family Members, and Guest Members.
Joining the Community
If you see that a close family member is using WikiTree, ask them for an invitation.
Otherwise register for a guest membership instantly. Especially if you're a genealogist. Our community needs more good genealogists!
Membership is 100% free for everyone. There are no "premium" memberships.
Benefits of Membership
- Create and edit an unlimited number of profiles.
- Upload an unlimited number of photos.
- Import GEDCOMs to bulk-create up to 2,000 profiles.
- Invite an unlimited number of family members to privately share modern family history.
- Monitor the contributions of others through a Family Activity Feed on a personal Navigation Home Page.
- Receive weekly e-mail updates with recent changes, thank-yous received, and upcoming birthdays.
- Track all personal contributions and view detailed edit histories.
- Send family photos as e-cards.
- Limit surname index pages to display only family members.
- Resort surname index pages alphabetically, or by birth date, Privacy Level, or date of last edit.
- Coordinate family reunions, DNA projects, events and just about anything else on an unlimited number of public or private web pages.
- Receive messages without revealing an e-mail address.
- Display ancestors and descendants in five different Family Views.
- Instantly calculate the relationship between two family members.
- Use "FindMatches" and merging tools.
- Export GEDCOMs for safe-keeping or to upload a family tree elsewhere.
- See virtually no advertisements.
WikiTree's only source of revenue is advertising on public pages. This is very limited, so we can only afford to provide these free services to members who share our mission to grow a shared family tree that will someday make genealogy free and accessible for everyone.
This page was last modified 16:05, 26 March 2013. This page has been accessed 68,919 times.