Categories: WikiTree Help
WikiTree has three types of members: Wiki Genealogists, Family Members, and Guest Members. All member types are 100% free (there are no "premium" memberships).
Joining the Community
If you see that a close family member is already using WikiTree, ask them for an invitation.
Otherwise register for a guest membership instantly. Especially if you're a genealogist. Our community needs more good genealogists!
Benefits of Membership
Wiki Genealogists who agree to the Honor Code and work with the community to further the mission of creating a shared family tree enjoy all of the following for free.
- Create and edit an unlimited number of profiles.
- Upload an unlimited number of photos.
- Receive messages without revealing an e-mail address.
- Import GEDCOMs to bulk-create up to 2,000 profiles.
- Invite an unlimited number of family members to privately share modern family history.
- Monitor the contributions of others through a Family Activity Feed on a personal Navigation Home Page.
- Attach your Y-chromosome, mitochondrial, and autosomal DNA test information to ancestor profiles.
- Receive weekly e-mail updates with recent changes, thank-yous received, and upcoming birthdays.
- Track all personal contributions and view detailed edit histories.
- Award and receive badges.
- Send family photos as e-cards.
- Limit surname index pages to display only family members.
- Resort surname index pages alphabetically, or by birth date, Privacy Level, or date of last edit.
- Coordinate family reunions, surname projects, events and just about anything else on an unlimited number of public or private web pages.
- Display ancestors and descendants in over a dozen of different Family Views.
- Instantly calculate the relationship between two family members.
- Use advanced "FindMatches" and merging tools.
- Participate in projects for historically-significant ancestors.
- Export GEDCOMs for safe-keeping or to upload a family tree elsewhere.
- See virtually no advertisements.
WikiTree's only source of revenue is advertising on public pages. This is very limited, so we can only afford to provide these free services to genealogists who share our mission to grow a shared family tree that will someday make genealogy free and accessible for everyone.
This page was last modified 13:04, 15 November 2013. This page has been accessed 90,641 times.