- Christopher Comstock's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Christopher Comstock, son of William was born about 1635, probably in Connecticut. 
He married on October 6, 1663 Hannah Platt, daughter of Richard and Mary Platt. He died at Norwalk, Connecticut, December 28, 1702 and was buried at Canoe Hill Cemetery, New Canaan, Fairfield County, Connecticut. His memorial has links to those of many family members.
Children of Christopher and Hannah
all born at Norwalk
- Daniel b. 1664 m. Elizabeth Wheeler
- Hannah b. 1666 m. Fenn
- Abigail b. 1669 d. 1689
- Mary b. 1671 m. James St John
- Elizabeth b. 1674 m. Ebenezer St. John
- Mercy b. 1676 m. Nathan Olmstead as his second wife
- Samuel b. 1679 m. Sarah Hanford
- Moses b. 1685 m. Abigail Brinsmade
- Settled in Fairfield, CT in 1654.
- 29 May 1654, at New Haven. Christopher made affidavit about a visit to goodwife Knapp accused of witchcraft. She was executed. [In another place this date is given as 22 Jan 1661. Knapp was apparently not of the Knapp family that married into my Allen family. Hester, wife of Andrew Ward [the Wards being my direct ancesters] also testified that Goodwife Knapp had told her the wife of Thomas Staples was also a witch.]
- He also served on a grand jury, 19 Sep 1692, to examine witches.
- Purchased a home and house lot in Norwalk 27 Jan 1661. [ "Connecticut Puritan Settlers" by Royal R. Hinman] Will dated Dec 22 1701 in Norwalk CT
- ↑ Mary Jane Comstock, Compiler; Comstock-Haggard and Allied Families; (Chicago: Adams Press, 1973)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 John A. Comstock. A history and genealogy of the Comstock family in America. Published: Los Angeles, Priv. print. for the author by the Commonwealth Press, 1949. p. 2,4. A HathiTrust e-book. JAComstock
- ↑ Connecticut Town Death Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection) Christopher Comstock.
- ↑ Christopher Comstock memorial at Find A Grave.
- WikiTree profile Comstock-414 created through the import of Kimpton Paternal Oct 2012.ged on Oct 3, 2012 by Jim Kimpton.
- This person was created on 13 September 2010 through the import of 124-DeCoursey.ged.
- WikiTree profile Comstock-310 created through the import of Comstock for Wiki.ged on Jul 27, 2011 by Kay Haden.
- WikiTree profile Comstock-213 created through the import of ross20genancestors-children6-22-2011.ged on Jun 22, 2011 by Lamar Ross.
- Thank you to Susan Potts for creating WikiTree profile Comstock-575 through the import of 15 generations.ged on Oct 30, 2013.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Christopher's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Dee Poole, Lamar Ross, Walter Steesy, and Susan Potts. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 7, 2015 at 02:08GMT Jeanette Barott wrote:
Christopher is 13 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 28 degrees from Gene Kelly, 15 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.