Beecher was born 9 Oct 1906. (3)
Family name was changed from Crabb to Crabtree in Probate Court, Piscataquis County, State of Maine, Oct. 4,1910. (6)
Social Security Death Index gives Beecher's birth date with the place of birth as "Maine." (3); but the 1940 Census gives Beecher's place of birth as "Canada."(5). I haven't been able to find a birth record for Beecher.
Beecher married Waneta Savage 19 Feb.1942. (2)
The Maine Death Index gives the place of death as Portland, Maine. (4)
2. Marriage: "Maine, Marriage Index, 1892-1966, 1977-1996," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCJ3-37Y : accessed 13 Dec 2013), Beecher H Crabtree and Waneta M Savage, 1942.
3. "United States Social Security Death Index," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VSZG-Y2C : accessed 13 Dec 2013), Beecher Crabtree, January 1964; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
4. "Maine, Death Index, 1960-1996," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCVD-VYJ : accessed 13 Dec 2013), Beecher H Crabtree, 1964.
5. "United States Census, 1940," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMM3-WNB : accessed 13 Dec 2013), Beacher Crabtree in household of David Crabtree, Ludlow Town, Aroostook, Maine, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 2-60, sheet 1A, family 1, NARA digital publication of T627, roll 1472.
6. Record from the Probate Court, State of Maine, County of Piscataquis, 4 Oct 1910; copy in my possession 12/12/2013, Clair Harris Zarges; sent to me by Duane E. Crabtree, son of Talmage Dewitt Crabb in an email dated 30 July 2001.
7. Kith and Kin of the Kinneys, by Fern Gallup Kinney. [nd]. PDF:http://home.comcast.net/~kinneyed/KithAndKin_image.pdf
- ↑ Entered by Clair Zarges.
Thanks to Clair Zarges for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Clair and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Beecher's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.