Elva was born in Beaconsfield, New Brunswick, Canada on 27 Dec 1914, to David Crabtree (age 38, a farmer born in Carleton County, New Brunswick) and Edith R. Giberson (born in Perth, New Brunswick, age 24). Elva was the seventh child born to her parents; all 7 children were alive. The information for her late registration of birth was given by her father, on 9 May 1933. (5)
Elva was first married to Orville A. Patterson 8 Nov 1938. (2) The Patterson marriage was brief and was annulled. (1)
Elva second married Dan Harris 21 Dec 1940 at the Manse of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church in Woodstock, New Brunswick. She was 25, living in Houlton, Maine, gave her religion as Methodist, and her occupation as housekeeper; he was 33, from Worcester, Massachusetts, gave his religion as Presbyterian, and his occupation as waiter. Although Dan said he was a bachelor (the other choices on the form were widower, or divorced) he was actually divorced from Marion Foley. The Reverend J.W. Paul conducted the ceremony, with Jane Paul and E.R. Finnamore, both of Woodstock, as witnesses.
Elva's husband, Dan Harris, died in 1972.
Elva third married Ernest Rodriguez in 1982.
Elva is buried in Grave 3, Section 13, Lot 5 of the San Marcos Cemetery, 1021 Mulberry Dr., San Marcos, California 92069 U.S. (3)
1. Interviews with Elva by her daughter Clair Harris Zarges
3. Burial record from family papers of Clair Harris Zarges
4. Province of New Brunswick, Dept. of Health: Official Notice of Marriage for Daniel Harris and Elva Crabtree, registered #21300, filed 23 Dec. 1940. Accessed online 16 Dec 2013 at:http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/VISSE/141B7.aspx?culture=en-CA&guid=b6ae2537-a3dd-4410-812c-a7ea04ca6822.
5. Province of New Brunswick, Dept. of Health, Index to Late Registration of Births: Certificate of Registration of Birth, Registered no. 800699, filed 9 May 1933. Accessed online 16 Dec 2013 at: http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/VISSE/141A1b.aspx?culture=en-CA&guid=b35f961a-898e-4750-b112-11475db2ae74.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elva's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Elva is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 24 degrees from Michael Phelps, 31 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.