The family name had been changed from Crabb to Crabtree in Probate Court, Piscataquis County, State of Maine, Oct. 4, 1910.(2)
Sadie was born Sarah Norma Crabtree, named after her Aunt Sarah Ermina Crabtree. (4)
On June 1, 1921, Sadie Crabtree was 1 year old and lived in Victoria, Canada with her father, mother, 3 brothers, and 5 sisters. (5)
On 21 Aug 1937, Sadie married Joe Ayotte.
On April 1, 1940, Sadie Ayotte was 20 years old and lived in Houlton, Maine with her husband, Joe Ayotte, and son.(6)
Sadie M. Ayotte lived in New Britain, Connecticut in 1953. (7)
Sadie married Joseph C. Ariale on 19 Oct 1957. (11)
Sadie died 3 Oct 2009 in Meriden, Connecticut. (9,10).
2. Record from the Probate Court, State of Maine, County of Piscataquis, 4 Oct 1910; copy in my possession 12/12/2013, Clair Harris Zarges; sent to me by Duane E. Crabtree, son of Talmage Dewitt Crabb in an email dated 30 July 2001.
3. Maine, Marriages, 1892-1996 1 citation provides evidence for Marriage, Name, Residence
4. Undated letter from Sadie Crabtree, received 2 June 1999; copy in my possession as of 1 Jan 2014. --Clair Zarges
5.1921 Census of Canada 1 citation provides evidence for Event, Residence, Birth
6.1940 United States Federal Census 1 citation provides evidence for Birth, Name, Residence
7. U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 2 citations provide evidence for Name, Residence
8.U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2 1 citation provides evidence for Birth, Name, Residence
9.U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current 1 citation provides evidence for Birth, Name, Death
10.United States Obituary Collection 1 citation provides evidence for Birth, Name, Death
11. Ancestry Family Trees This citation provides evidence for Sarah Norma "Sadie" Crabtree's marriage to Joe Ariel.
- ↑ Entered by Clair Zarges.
Thanks to Clair Zarges for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Clair and others.
On November 4, 2013 Clair Zarges wrote:
"I suspect all the Crabtree girls were blessed with a young mind. Had you ever had the opportunity to see Sade play the piano? What a show. She bounced all over, feet pounding the pedals, she'd used the entire keyboard.....and had a grand time doing it too."
Login to add your own memory.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Sadie's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.