- Bruttia Crispina (Crispina) Augusta's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Roman Empress from 178 to 188 as the consort of Roman Emperor Commodus.
Crispina was born and raised in Rome or Volceii. Crispina came from an illustrious aristocratic family and was the daughter of twice consul Gaius Bruttius Praesens and his wife Valeria. Crispina’s paternal grandparents were consul and senator Caius Bruttius Praesens and the rich heiress Laberia Hostilia Crispina, daughter of another twice consul, Manius Laberius Maximus. Her father’s family originally came from Volceii, Lucania, Italy and were closely associated with the Roman Emperors Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius. Crispina's brother was future consul Lucius Bruttius Quintius Crispinus.
Crispina married the sixteen year-old, Commodus in the summer of 178. Crispina's marriage failed to produce an heir due to her husband's inability. After ten years of marriage, Crispina was falsely charged with adultery by her husband and was banished to the island of Capri in 188, where she was later executed.
- Date: 199
- Place: Y
- Age: 38-39
Created on 10 March 2011 through the import of Smith-Hunter.ged. Created through the import of breesefam.ged on 09 May 2011. Created through the import of breesefam.ged on 09 May 2011. Crispina-11 created through the import of Main Tree_2011-07-30_2011-08-30.ged on Aug 30, 2011 by Sharryn Hopgood. Created on 18 February 2011 through the import of Bishop Family Tree.ged.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Bruttia Crispina's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.