Yelverton Crowell was the founder of this family on the Cape. He was said to come from England, the name on the Plymouth records is Yelverton Crowe, but, all land records and church records after that time have a name ofo Crowell. Yelverton Crowell settled in the town of Yarmouth in 1640. He owned land in West Yarmouth where the name Crowell is still found on land records. While many people have Yelverton's parents as John and Elisha, there are some that believe John was Yelverton's brother.
- Date: 20/24 Oct 1683
- Place: Yarmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts
- Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Showing Three Generations Of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, On The Basis Of Farmer's Registar, Volume I, page 480
- Inez Fowler Johnson, The McCallum Family, page 59 - Will of Yelverton Crow
- Levi Crowell, John Crowe & His Descendants, Genealogy
- Simeon L. Deyo (editor), Barnstable Co
- Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900, Source number: 118.000; Source type: Electronic Database; Number of Pages: 1; Submitter Code: JOE
- Edmund West, comp.. Family Data Collection - Births, Family Records
- The Cape Cod Library of Local History & Genealogy.
- The Crowell Family of Yarmouth - Page 1094. death of Yelverton, suddenly the 24 October 1693.
- FROM CHESTER COWEN GENEALOGICAL RESEARCH PROJECT ENDING 2008
- Immigrated to New England 1634 on "Caledonia"
- YELVERTON CROWELL married ELIZABETH (unknown) He is found in the records of Yarmouth MA on Cape Cod as early as 1640. His will is dated 23 Dec 1681 and proved 8 Mar 1683/4. It is reported that he died "suddenly" 24 Oct 1683. Elizabeth died Nov 1703. Yelverton may be the son of John Crowell who died in Yarmouth MA 7 Jan 1673; married to Elishua (unknown).
- Note: ref: rootsweb database: jghts (21 June 2010)
- Thank you James Lindsley !
Thanks to all the have contributed to this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Yelverton's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Scott Ledbetter, Lydia Vierson, Alyson X, Diane Kuykendall, John Putnam, and Fontaine Wiatt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 20, 2014 Bobbie Hall wrote:
On January 27, 2014 Robin Lee wrote: