Joyce Culpeper was born around 1480 (aged 12 in 1492, and married).
She was the daughter of Sir Richard Culpeper, of Oxon Hoath, and Isabel Worsley.
Before 1492, she married Ralph Leigh Esq, younger brother of Sir John Leigh.
They had 2 sons (Sir John, and Ralph), and 3 daughters (Isabel, thrice married; Joyce, wife of John Stanney, Esq; and Margaret, wife of _____ Rice). They were lovely girls, but none of them seems to have turned the head of any passing monarch.
Ralph died in 1509, and Joyce then married Sir Edmund Howard, a younger brother of the 3rd Duke of Norfolk.
They had 3 sons (Henry Esq, Sir George, and Sir Charles) and 3 daughters (Margaret, wife of Sir Thomas Arundell; Katherine, 5th wife of King Henry VIII; and Mary, wife of Edmund Trafford Esq).
Joyce was living in 1527.
- Weiss, Frederick Lewis, "Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700", 8th Edition, Baltimore, 2008 Genealogical Publishing Company, Line 248:37
"Oxon Hoath" by Gordon Joly - Own work. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons -
Style Standards In Operation. See Changes tab for history
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Joyce's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Theresa Reynolds, and Dawn Truitt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.