- Samuel Curtis's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Samuel Curtis, son of Samuel and Elizabeth Curtis, was born at Crewkerne, Somersetshire, England, on 22 April 1652. Samuel Sr. acquired land in New Jersey in 1679, which his son and daughter inherited in 1681.
Samuel Curtis, yeoman, of Monmouth River, Salem County, New Jersey, wrote a will dated 5 Jan 1711/2 and proved 5 November 1713. His wife Anne was executrix and main heir. He left bequests of 2s 6pence to son-in-law Peter Blackford and several cousins.
They had one daughter Ann, who died previous to Samuel's will and without issue
- Genealogies of Pennsylvania Families from the Pennsylvania Genealogical Magazine. Volume III: Stauffer-Zerbe .Section: George Trenchard of Salem, N.J., and Descendants:... Accessed at Ancestry jan2015.
- There is more information in this source.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Samuel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Allen Minix and Kim Ostermyer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.