Guillaume was born about 1645.
Guillaume D'Aoust, a tailor by trade, was originally from Sissonne in Picardie, France. Although it is not known when he arrived in New France, on January 12th 1675 he signed a document with Benigne Basset, a Montreal notary. He spent most of his life living on Lake St Louis at the western end of the island of Montreal. Several of those years were spent in Lachine. His signature is found on many entries in the register above: as a bridegroom, as a proud father, as a witness to events such as the Lachine massacre and a smallpox epidemic of 1703. 
Guillaume D’Aoust emigrated to New France and married Madeleine de la Londe in 1686. This means he was around 40 when he married! Since the records are lost from Sissonne, we cannot verify his actual birth date. If the year 1645 is correct, Guillaume arrived in New France c.1674 when he was in his late 20s. Considering the shortage of marriageable women in the colony, it could have been a few years before he found someone suitable. Madeleine was the daughter of his neighbour and quite young (around 12) when they were engaged in 1684. He married her 2 years later on February 18, 1686.
The above source refers to two siblings, birthdates unknown - Madeleine who married Jacques de Lancy on Aug 6, 1668 in Sissonne. Marie who married Azor Frussart and had six children. 
IV - GUILLAUME D'AOUST (the 1st) born and baptized in 1645 in Sissonne, Laon, Picardie, France. Occupation: Tailor. He died Mar 8, 1729 (at age of 84) and is buried at Ste-Anne-de- Bellevue, Que. On June 12, 1675, Guillaume D'Aoust was listed as having a concession of land in Montreal. For him to already have his own land at the approximately age of 19, would presuppose he came from a well-to-do family in France. - Guillaume married Marie Madeleine de La londe (daughter of Jean de La londe and Marie Barban) on Feb 18, 1686 at the parish of Saints-Anges-Gardiens of Lachine. Guillaume was about 30 and Madeleine was only 14. Madeleine died Jan 3, 1761 (at age of 89).
- 1. Marie D'Aoust born Sep 12, 1691 and died in 1699 at the age of 8 years and 2 months.
- 2. Augustin D'Aoust born Feb 12, 1697 at the east end of the island at Pointe-aux-Trembles
- 3. Anne D'Aoust born Sep 11, 1699 at the east end of the island at Pointe-aux-Trembles.
- 4. Marie-Josephte D'Aoust - Marie-Josephte married Mathieu Pilon (son of Antoine Pilon and Marie Brunet) Feb 28,1724 [a double wedding]
- 5. Guillaume D'Aoust(the 2nd). born and baptized Oct 30, 1694 in Saint-Anges, Lachine, Quebec. He died Jan 19, 1784 (at age of 89) and buried at Pointe-Claire, Que. ( See V, below).
- 6. Charles D'Aoust was baptized Aug 16, 1701
- 7. Marie-Madeleine D'Aoust. She married Thomas Pilon (son of Antoine Pilon and Marie Brunet) Jan 24, 1725
- 8. Alexis Francois D'Aoust baptized on Mar 5, 1710 at Ste. Anne de Bellevue
- ↑ Our D'Aoust Family
- ↑ Guillaume Daoust's Origins in France
- ↑ Our ancestor Guillaume Daoust's story
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Extracted from information given to Mrs. Rita James by Bob D'Aoust of Waterloo, Ont.
- This person was created through the import of breesefam.ged on 09 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- WikiTree profile Daoust-60 created through the import of Les Ekemberg dit Chretien et D (4)_2011-08-29.ged on Aug 30, 2011 by Marc Chretien. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Marc and others.
- Source: S173 Type: CD-ROM Title: Dictionnaire généalogique du Québec ancien, des origines à 1765 Author: Bertrand Desjardins Abbreviation: Bertrand Desjardins Publication: PRDH Abbreviation: Dictionnaire généalogique du Québec ancien Master Listing Source: Y Italicized: Y Paranthetical: Y Note: This Source was downloaded from: CONT http://www.mesancetres.ca/gedcom/source.php?sid=S173
- Source: S232 Type: CD-ROM Title: BMS 2000 Author: 25 sociétés de généalogie Abbreviation: 25 sociétés de généalogie Abbreviation: BMS 2000 Master Listing Source: Y Italicized: Y Paranthetical: Y Note: This Source was downloaded from: CONT http://www.mesancetres.ca/gedcom/source.php?sid=S232
- Source: SPGV1 Author: Gilles Deguire Title: About PhpGedView Abbreviation: About PhpGedView Publication: http://www.phpgedview.net Page: http://www.mesancetres.ca/gedcom/individual.php?pid=I86417 Data: Text: This Individual was downloaded from: CONT http://www.mesancetres.ca/gedcom/individual.php?pid=I86417
Thank you to Nathalie Houle for creating WikiTree profile Daoust-108 through the import of 3q52of_7572205098bocaf63b0256.ged on Apr 14, 2013.
Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Nathalie and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Guillaume's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Saints-Anges-de-Lachine, Lachine, QC February 17, 1686 Comments: 1. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
Sainte-Anne-du-Bout-de-l'Île, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC March 9, 1729 Comments: 1. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Joseph St. Denis, Mary-Liz Grisé, and Nathalie Houle. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.