- John de Vere's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
John de Vere was arrested with his eldest son for plotting against the Yorkist King Edward IV. Imprisoned and later executed by beheading at London Tower.
John & Elizabeth nee Howard's 1st son Aubrey had been executed (along with his father John the 12th Earl of Oxford a week later for treason) in 1462]
John & Elizabeth nee Howard's 2nd son John (13th Earl of Oxford from 1462) b: 1442 married (1) Margaret Neville & (2) Elizabeth Scrope
John & Elizabeth nee Howard's 3rd son was Sir George de Vere who died 1503. He married (1) Margaret Talbot and (2) Margaret Stafford
John & Elizabeth nee Howard's 4th son Sir Richard de Vere was whom married Margaret Percy.
The above sons Sir George de Vere and Sir Richard de Vere never held the title of Earl of Oxford.
- 16 Dec 2014 posting of JohnnoH on Gen-Medieval - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/soc.genealogy.medieval/u2UJU4vC-tQ/WJwFjshHNwgJ
- Memoirs of Chesters of Chicheley RJCW Ref 175a Tyndall of Hockwold
- The Descendants of King Edward I, King of England, and Eleanora of Castile: http://goose.ycp.edu/~tgibson/RoyalAncestors/Edward.html
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Wendy Hampton, Heather Brown, Robin Wood, and BK McDonald. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.