- This profile is the result of a recent merge by a WikiTree Arborist. Carefully review this profile and remove duplicate infor and broken links. Every effort has been made to preserve information. If you have questions about merging or WikiTree arborists please visit this page.
Parents and Siblings
- Gruffudd m. Gwenllian vh Gruffudd ap Cynan
- Nest (Gwenllian Nést) m. Gerald of Windsor
- Nesta Verch Rhys, Princess Of Deheubarth Nest
- Helen of Wales
- Mistress of Henry I of England
- b. 1073 Dynevor Castle, Carmarthenshire, Wales
- d. 1136 Anglesey, Wales
- ↑ Dwnn, Meyrick, Heraldic visitations of Wales and part of the Marches, between the years 1586 and 1613; ed. with notes by Samuel Rush Meyrick. p. 99, retrieved 2014-06-16, amb
- ↑ Dwnn, Meyrick, Heraldic visitations of Wales and part of the Marches, between the years 1586 and 1613; ed. with notes by Samuel Rush Meyrick. p. 99
- ↑ Lloyd, A History of Wales from the Earliest Times to the Edwardian Conquest, p. 767, Edition 2.
- ↑ S004386
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 S205
- ↑ yaledavid.FTW
- Sir John Edward Lloyd, A History of Wales from the Earliest Times to the Edwardian Conquest, Edition 2. Publisher Longmans, Green, and Company, 1912
- Lewys Dwnn, Samuel Rush Meyrick, Heraldic visitations of Wales and part of the Marches, between the years 1586 and 1613; ed. with notes by Samuel Rush Meyrick. Publisher: William Rees, 1846. Original from Austrian National Library. Digitized May 3, 2011
- Tompsett, Brian (2001, March 25). Royal and Noble Genealogical Data
- Geer.ged on 25 September 2010.
- REFN: 76218369
- Known as the most beautiful woman in Wales. had many lovers.
- Christmas 1108: Owain ap Cadwgan of Cardigan visited Gerald and Nesta. That night, he attacked the castle and carried off and [raped] Nesta. This upset Henry I so much it started a war. N218 [yalehenry.FTW]
- Johanna Amnelin, Ted Williams, Alexis Connolly, Stephen Wilkinson, Chet Spencer, Jeffrey Davidson, Jeff Steele, Katherine Patterson, Carey Smith, Eleanor Clinton Hoague, Jim Walker, Patricia Short.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Nesta verch Rhys of's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Stephen Richard Wilkinson, Chet Spencer, Jeffrey Steele, Ted Williams, Barbara Bonanni, JIm Walker, Marc Cohen, and Jeffrey Davidson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.