|This person lived in New France in what is now Québec.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Quebecois Project!
According to Fichier Origine: Antoine Desrosiers 1617 Drawn from one of the many names of the surname Desrosiers, the line Lafrenière we used here, one of the oldest, if not the oldest, would root ancestor Antoine Desrosiers dit Lafresnière. The ancestor contracts marriage with Anne Leneuf du Herrisson before the notary Boujonnier in Trois-Rivières and married Nov. 24, 1647. The couple gave birth to eight children between 1650 and 1672, including at least three sons who married and founded families. Antoine Derosiers Dit Lafrenière, born in 1664, in Trois-Rivières, married Marie Renee Desmarais Lepellé in 1696. They had eleven children. Pierre, born in 1719 in Sorel, married his first wife, Genevieve Casaubon, January 18, 1744 and his second wife, January 21, 1759 in Berthierville, Marie-Madeleine Boucher. The descendants of this line, Lafrenière were spread into parts of Champlain, Sorel and Berthier also.
Baptism 30 Aug 1620 (Age: 3) The act of baptism in 1620, which could be one of the pioneer, was discovered by Nicole Morel-Desrosiers Jean-Pierre Morel in 2007. Uncertain and does not recognize legal status of the relationship between family members, due to the absence of the names of his parents marriage contract in New France.
Marriage Contract 24 Nov 1647 (Age: 30) Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada to Anne Leneuf He was born between 1617 and 1619. No information on the date of his marriage, but a marriage contract dated 24 Nov 1647 passed in Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada.
Marriage 24 Nov 1647 (Age: 30) Trois-Rivieres, Canada to Anne Leneuf-The ancestor contracted marriage with Anne de Leneuf Herrisson before notary Boujonnier in Trois-Rivières and married Nov. 24, 1647.
Death 08 Aug 1691 (Age: 74) Champlain, Quebec, Canada
- Fichier Origine
DESROSIERS / DERONZIER, Antoine Text removed due to copyright, see original text in
Marie Desrosiers+12,13,14,15,16,17,18 b. 16 Jun 1650
Michel Desrosiers dit Désilets+15,9 b. circa 1652
Joseph Desrosiers15,9 b. circa 1655, d. before 1666
Jean Desrosiers dit Dutremble+12,15,9 b. 29 Sep 1657, d. 23 Feb 1704
Anne Desrosiers+19,20 b. 12 Nov 1661
Antoine Desrosiers dit Lafresnière+21,9 b. 30 Aug 1664
Pierre Desrosiers dit Dargy+21,9 b. circa 1667, d. before 1723
Marie-Jeanne Desrosiers+21,22,23 b. circa 1671
Text removed due to copyright, see original text in
Text removed due to copyright, see original text in 
Peut-être baptisé le 30 août 1620 à Noailly (actuel département français de la Loire); il serait alors le fils de Jean Debonzier, et Anet Grothier.
Peut-être baptisé le 14 avril 1617 à Renaison (actuel département français de la Loire); il serait alors le fils de Antoine Desrosiers et de Sylvie ?.
Peut-être baptisé le 4 août 1600 à Roanne au pays de Lyonnais, France fils de Benoit Durosier
- ↑ Archives nationales de France, Noailly, France Baptêmes. - 3NUMRP1/1MIEC158X1 - De 1585 à 1628 Image 58 
- ↑ Archives nationales de France, Renaison, France Baptêmes. - 3NUMRP1/1MIEC183X1 - De 1615 à 1633 Image 13 
- ↑ Archives nationales de France, Roanne, France 1600 à 1604 3NUMRP7/1MIEC001Image 9 
- Source: 
- Source: 
- Source: 
- Source: 
- Source: S412 Title: Actes d’état civil et registres d’église du Québec (Collection Drouin), 1621 à 1967 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2008.Original data - Gabriel Drouin, comp. Drouin Collection. Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Institut Généalogique Drouin. Repository: #R7
- Source: S425 Title: Canadian Genealogy Index, 1600s-1900s Author: Genealogical Research Library, Ontario, Canada Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005.Original data - Compiled from various family history sources. See source information provided with each entry. Repository: #R7
- Source: S427 Title: Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s Author: Gale Research Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.Original data - Filby, P. William, ed.. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s. Farmington Hills, MI, USA: Gale Research, 2006.; Repository: #R7
- Source: S382 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Repository: #R7
- Source: S428 Title: Family Data Collection - Births Author: Edmund West, comp. Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2001.; Repository: #R7
- Source: S429 Title: Family Data Collection - Individual Records Author: Edmund West, comp. Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2000.; Repository: #R7
- Repository: R7 Name: Ancestry.ca Address: 
- Source: 
- Source: [S14] Fichier Origine, Projet franco-québécois de recherche sur les origines familiales des émigrants français et étrangers établis au Québec des origines à 1865 (PROFEQ), (Fédération québécoise des sociétés de généalogie en collaboration avec la Fédération française de généalogie).
- Source: [S25] Généalogie des Français d'Amérique du Nord, Denis Beauregard, (Francogene.com).
- Source: [S3] Dictionnaire généalogique des familles du Québec des origines à 1730, Jetté, René, (Les Presses de l'Université de Montréal. Montréal, 1983.).
Citation in Jean Talon's 1666 census of Nouvelle France: Capitre 4, under Trois-Rivieres: Antoine des Rosiers, 46, habitant: Anne du Hérisson, 34, sa femme ; Michel, 13 ; Jean, 8 ; Anne, 4 ; Antoine, 2 ; Jacques Bourdin, 22, domestique.
This person was created through the import of myfamily.ged on 23 March 2011.
Thank you to Mark Mcguire for creating WikiTree profile Desrosier-5 through the import of 2hj84e_857376pf3v26m58a1b5355.ged on Mar 6, 2013.
Thanks to Denis Givogue for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Denis and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Antoine by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Antoine:
- Sarah (Freeman) Sonn : 23andMe, GEDMatch A925520 + AncestryDNA + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #B40393
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Denis Givogue, Lianne Lavoie, Sarah Sonn, Mark Mcguire, and Lisa Trudeau. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 20, 2016 at 00:04GMT Danielle Liard wrote:
On May 19, 2016 at 21:53GMT Sarah Sonn wrote:
On May 19, 2016 at 19:41GMT Danielle Liard wrote:
On May 16, 2016 at 03:17GMT Denis Givogue wrote:
I’ve tried to clean up the Biography but the sources are too many to make a clear interpretation of the facts. Denis Givogue Wiki-Ranger
On May 16, 2016 at 02:52GMT John Ouellette wrote:
On May 14, 2016 at 23:38GMT Denis Givogue wrote:
On March 8, 2015 at 03:52GMT Lianne Lavoie wrote:
On January 27, 2014 at 18:48GMT Ross Ashley wrote:
On January 24, 2014 at 19:27GMT Ross Ashley wrote:
Region Rhône-Alpes Department Loire Arrondissement Roanne Canton Saint-Haon-le-Châtel Intercommunality Communauté de communes de la Côte roannaise
On December 4, 2013 at 18:12GMT Ross Ashley wrote:
Antoine is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 46 degrees from Anne Frank, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.