Antoine Desrosiers, a lot has been written about him in books and especially on the Internet and we have to separate facts from fiction. On August the 8th, 1691, he passed away at his home in Champlain Québec at the age of 90 years old(*1). An inventory listed these tomes: some works on law and history, the “Coutume de Paris” in two volumes, the “Ordinances Civile”, and six small books by various authors. In 1668 became a colonist of Champlain, he was named fiscal manager of the new “seigneurie” and a trustee and a “seigneurial judge”. (*2) Witnessed by Michel Leneuf Sieur Duhérisson, Antoine married Anne Duhérisson on August 6th, 1648 in Trois-Riviere, Québec, they had eight children.(*3) The first mention of Antoine Desrosiers in Nouvelle France was on July 10th, 1642 were Antoine's name appeared in the baptismal book at Sillery, Québec as godfather for Antoine Abakouakich(*4)Antoine Desrosiers passed away at the age of ninety which means he was born about 1601 and on his marriage contract mentions that he was from Renaison, France but the church registry in Renaison only start in 1615, he might have live there but he was actually born in Roanne, August 4th 1600 12km from Renaison (*5)
It said that Antoine Desrosiers had a heart and admired justice and detested chicanery and I am proud that he is part of my ancestors.
- 1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Notre-Dame-de-la-Visitation, pg.107
- 2 Nos Ancestres, Antoine Desrosiers By Thomas J. Laforest (Vol. II, Chapter 8)
- 3 Registres photographies aux Archives d’Ottawa ON, 1638 à 1654 Trois-Rivières extraits de vieux document
- 4 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Sillery, Mission Saint-Joseph-de-Sillery pg.27
- 5 Archives nationales de France, Roanne, France, Roanne.-Baptêmes. 3NUMRP7/1MIEC0011600 1604 pg.9
Archives nationales de France, Roanne-Baptêmes 1600 à 1604 pg.9 Death The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Notre-Dame-de-la-Visitation pg.107
- ↑ Entered by Denis Givogue.
Thanks to Denis Givogue for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Denis and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Antoine's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Immaculée Conception, Trois-Rivières, QC August 6, 1648 Comments: 2. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
Roanne, France August 4, 1600 Comments: 1. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
Notre-Dame-de-la-Visitation, Champlain, QC August 9, 1691 Comments: 1. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
Mission Saint-Joseph-de-Sillery, Sillery QC July 10, 1642 Comments: 1. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On January 27, 2014 B. Ross Ashley wrote: