- Edulf Devon's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Ordwulf of Wessex, Ealdorman of Devon
- b. 921
- d. 1002
- p. son of Ordgar, Earldorman of Devon, Earl of Devonshire (d.971) and Wulfthryth of Devon. Issue:
- m. Aelfwyn or Elfwina of Mercia, Lady of Mercia, b. 905, Mercia, Essex.
- Palgrave, F. (1832). The Rise and Progress of the English Commonwealth: Anglo-Saxon Period. Containing the Anglo-Saxon Policy, and the Institutions Arising Out of Laws and Usages which Prevailed Before the Conquest, (Vol.2, pp.). J. Murry. Google eBook.
- Smith, J.R. (1873). The Reliquary and Illustrated Archaeologist, (Vol 13-14, pp.29). Google eBook. (Dubious Source)
- ↑ Alias: Edulph; Edulph; Eudolph; Edulf
- ↑ Smith, 1873
- ↑ Note: Primary sources researched by fmg.ac for Leofric, Ealdorman of the Hwicce do not list his parents. It seems that Freeman and secondary sources, such as Smith (1873) have connected him to this line, but it's most likely incorrect. (Also see footnotes for Wulfric Spot)
This person was created through the import of Tribal Pages 0004.ged on 25 March 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: FDF39E8D91633C4085C209B9CE0C0E44C084
- Note: ref: Wikipedia (http://www. wikipedia.org) (04 Apr 10) -
- Ordwulf was the son of Ealdorman Orgar. His mother was a member of the royal family of Wessex. The family's power lay in the west of Wessex. Ordgar was buried in Exeter and his son Ordwulf founded, or refounded, Tavistock Abbey.
- Data Changed:
- Date: 6 Apr 2010
- Time: 01:00:00
- Date: 6 Apr 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 01:00:00 6 Apr 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Edulf's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Anonymous S, Fontaine Wiatt, and Kyle James Grindberg. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.