Categories: Family of Powhatan.
|This person is a family member of Powhatan.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Descendants of Pocahontas Project!
Rough draft in progress Wise-1576 04:21, 19 June 2014 (EDT)
GU-LU-STI-YU DOUBLEHEAD was born about 1770 in Tellico Plains, Tennessee. She also married SAMUEL RILEY who was born about 1747 in Maryland and became an Indian trader. Samuel died in March 1819 at Blue Springs in Roane County, Tennessee. Samuel and Gu-Lu-Sti-Yu had eleven children who were one eighth German, three eighths Cherokee, and one half Scot-Irish:
1. RICHARD RILEY, born 1791, married Dianna Campbell and they had two children:Jennie Riley, born 1817
Richard died April 26,1824 at Creek Path, Alabama.
2. NANCY (NANNIE) RILEY, born about 1721, married John McNary and they had one daughter:Margaret McNary, born 1802
Nannie died before 1805.
3. MARY (POLLY) RILEY, born about 1793 in Roane County, Tennessee, married Samuel Riley Keys and they had three children:William Keys, born 1790 (Note - this cannot be the correct date)
Isaac Keys, born 1794 (Note - this cannot be the correct date)
Samuel Riley Keys, Junior, born 1819
Mary (Polly) died March 8, 1829, in Jackson County, Alabama.
4. ELIZABETH RILEY, born July 5, 1794, married Isaac Keys and they had three children:Letitia Keys
Isaac William Keys
Elizabeth died March 1857 in Indian Territory, Oklahoma.
5. JOHN RILEY, born about 1790, married Susan Walker and they had eleven children:Sallie W. Riley
Rebecca McNair Riley
Jennie C. Riley
John McNary Riley
John died February 14,1845 in Oklahoma.
6. ELEANOR (NELLIE) RILEY, born ABOUT 1796, married Charles Coody and they had ten children:Archibald Coody, born 1822
Engevine Coody, born 1824
Richard Coody, born 1826
Rufus Coody, born 1828
Madison Coody, born 1830
Charles Coody Junior, born 1832
Sallie Coody, born 1834
Elizabeth Coody, born 1836
Nancy (Nannie) Coody. born 1838
Samuel Coody, born 1840
Eleanor died June 1851.
7. LUCY RILEY, born about 1796, married Owen Brady and they had ten children:Samuel Riley Brady
James Monroe Brady
Isaac Lewis Brady
8. SALLIE RILEY, born about 1798, married William Keys and they had seven children:Lewis Keys
Monroe Calvin Keys
Elizabeth A. Keys
Sallie died about 1871.
9. LOUISA RILEY, born about 1799, married Dennis Biggs and they had five children:Napolean Bonaparte Biggs
10. LUNEY RILEY, born November 12 1800, married Rachel Stuart and they had ten children:Eliza Riley, born 1820
Belinda George Riley
Samuel King Riley
Mary Jane Riley
Luney became a judge and died February 28,1883 in Nowata, Oklahoma.
11. RACHEL RILEY, born about 1801, first married Daniel Milton and they had one son:John Milton
She then married James McDaniel and they had three children:Elias McDaniel
Rachel and James arrived at Indian Territory on May 16, 1834. They were removed in wagons and steamboats by Lieutenant J. W. Harris. One member of the family dies on the way to Indian Territory. Rachel died after 1851.
The children of Samuel Riley and the grandchildren of Doublehead were baptized as Christians and were listed in a "Register of Persons Baptized by the Reverend Evan Jones. A.M. in the Cherokee Nation on the 22nd of April 1805."
- Source: Doublehead Last Chickamauga Cherokee Chief, by Rickey Butch Walker, pp.49-50
- WikiTree profile Doublehead-2 created through the import of larson.ged on Jan 27, 2012 by Erik Larson. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Erik and others.
- WikiTree profile Doublehead-14 created through the import of Blevins-Mcdow.ged on May 21, 2012 by Sandra Evans. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Sandra and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Gu-Lu-Sti-Yu by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Gu-Lu-Sti-Yu:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michelle McQueen, Brenda Tigue, Sandra Evans, Melissa Wise, and Erik Larson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 7, 2014 at 10:00GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
On June 6, 2014 at 02:50GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
On June 5, 2014 at 04:52GMT Michelle McQueen wrote: