|This person is a member of Clan Douglas.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Scottish Clans Project!
He married Lady Agnes Leslie, daughter of George Leslie, 4th Earl of Rothes and Margaret Crichton, on 19 August 1554.4
From 1567 to 1568 he had custody of Mary Queen of Scots during her imprisonment at Lochleven.4
He succeeded to the title of 6th Earl of Morton on 4 August 1588.5
He died circa 24 September 1606.
Children of William Douglas, 6th Earl of Morton and Lady Agnes Leslie
- James Douglas+
- Lady Margaret Douglas
- Lady Eupheme Douglas
- Robert Douglas, Master of Morton+ d. Mar 1584/85
- Lady Elizabeth Douglas+
- Lady Mary Douglas+
- Lady Christian Douglas+
- Sir Archibald Douglas of Keillor d. 1649
- Sir George Douglas d. c 9 Dec 1609
- Lady Jean Douglas
- Lady Agnes Douglas+ b. 1574, d. 3 May 1607
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 202.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IX, page 293.
- ↑ Mosley, Charles, editor. Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes. Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003. Volume 2, page 2156.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Mosley, Charles, editor. Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes. Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003. Volume 2, page 2787.
- ↑ Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume XI, page 625.
- ↑ Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IV, page 436.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.