|King of Scots
9 December 1165 - 8 July 1249
b. Haddington, East Lothian
- knighted by John of England at Clerkenwell Priory in 1213 after spending time in England.
- succeeded father 04 Dec 1214; crowned at Scone 06 Dec 1214.
William the Lion of Scotland and Ermengarde of Beaumont. (only son)
m.1 21 Jun 1221 York Minster Joan of England (d.1238). No Issue.
m.2 15 May 1239 Marie de Coucy.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 587-588.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 290-292.
- ↑ Alexander was 23. Joan was almost 11.Joan died at Havering-atte-Bower, and was buried at Tarrant Crawford Abbey in Dorset.
- Heraldy - THE ROYALTY OF SCOTLAND
- Medren-Scotland - Alexander Dunkeld
- Undiscovered Scotland - The House of Dunkeld
- New World Encyclopedia - Alexander 111 of Scotland
- Wikipedia - Alexander II of Scotland
- Wikipedia - House of Dunkeld
- Google Books - Alexander II: King of Scots 1214-1249 By Richard Oram
- Google Books - Historical Dictionary of the British Monarchy By James Panton
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Alexander II's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Terry Wright, Tim Perry, Wendy Hampton, Lindsay Coleman, Fontaine Wiatt, and Adam McQuery. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.