- Gytha Eiriksdatter's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Disputed Existence.
Relationships between historical figures could have been simplified or even fabricated in the text to give the impression that succession remained within the same family….Precise chronology is also difficult to assess from the Sagas….The conclusion must be that the tight family network described in the Sagas is unlikely to be correct and that the relationships shown below should be treated with considerable caution. http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/NORWEGIAN%20NOBILITY.htm
Gytha would only consent to be his wife if he would conquer all of Norway for her sake, so after 9 years and letting his hair grow and he conquered all of Norway
Dotter, Datter, Dottir are all the same, meaning "daughter" in Scandinavia, and attached behind of the father's first name. A woman kept her birth name all her life and did not take on her husband's last name as her own.
Children with Gyda:
- Ålov Årbot (Haraldsdotter)
- Rørek Haraldsson
- Sigtrygg Haraldsson
- Frode Haraldsson
- (Torgils Haraldsson)¹
- This Torgils Haraldsson is identical to "Thorgest" in the Irish history. Snorre Sturlason, in his "Heimskringla", claims that Torgils was Harald's son. This is now thought to be unlikely.
- WikiTree profile Eiriksdatter-34 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown.
- WikiTree profile Eiriksdatter-41 created through the import of Spencer Family Tree 4 2002.GED on Nov 28, 2011 by Chet Spencer.
Gyda Eiriksdatter ... 
- Gordon Lokken, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Gordon and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Gytha's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chet Spencer, Sheri Sturm, and Gordon Lokken. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 31, 2013 at 19:19GMT Sheri Sturm wrote: