- Zachariah Ellyson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Place: Goshen Friends Church Cemetery, Goshen Township, Mahoning, Ohio
- Last Will and Testament of Zachariah Ellyson Case 1883 Docket 1 Page 440 Columbiana County OH Probate Court I Zachariah Ellyson, of Goshen Township, Columbiana County and State of Ohio, do make, ordain and declare this instrument of writing to be my last will and testament in manner and form as followeth All my just debts to be first paid; and to my beloved wife Mary Ellyson I give and bequeath a good bed Suitably furnished, one horse, Saddle and bridle two _____ one bureau (?) and Such of the kitchen furniture as She may judge necessary during her natural life or widowhood; and that my wife be at liberty to live with Such one of her children as She may be best Satisfied with.
- To my Son Isaac Ellyson I give two dollars to him and his heirs forever I having considered my gifts unto him;
- To my Son Gideon I give two dollars to him and his heirs forever having considered my gifts unto him;
- To my Son Zachariah Ellyson I give the Sum of two dollars, to him and his heirs forever.
- I give and bequeath to my Son Robert Ellyson the West half of South East quarter twenty fourth Section eighteenth Township fifth range being Smith township to him and his heirs forever --
- I give and bequeath to my Son William Ellyson the east half of South east quarter Section twenty four Township Eighteen fifth range in Smith Township to him and his heirs and assigns forever --
- I give and bequeath to my daughter Margery Crew wife of John Crew Sixty four acres being the South part of South west quarter of Section twenty nine in Goshen Township to her and her children forever --
- I give and bequeath to my daughter Ann Reeve wife of Samuel C. Reeve eighty two dollars to her and her children forever --
- I give and bequeath to my Son John Ellyson the West half of the north west quarter of Section nineteen Seventeenth Township fourth range To him and his heirs forever. I give to my Son John my waggon -----. And should my wife prefer making her home with Some one of her children besides John then the Sum of forty five dollars is to be paid to the Executors by my Son John Ellyson annually during her widowhood.
- To my daughter Mary Kille I give and bequeath Seventy two dollars to her and her children forever.
- After my decease the personal property over and above paying my debts and legacies to be Sold and equally divided between my nine children above named --
- And lastly, I do appoint my Sons Isaac Ellyson and Robert Ellyson Executors to this my last will and testament. In witness of all and of each of the things herein contained I have Set my hand and Seal this third day of the third month in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and thirty Seven. Zachariah Ellyson (Seal)
- Signed in the presence of Matthias L. Swan, James Cattell, Louis Townsend
- SOURCE : Information on the descendants of Zachariah and Mary Votaw Ellyson from A Genealogy of the Crew and Ellyson Family, edited by L. Frank Bedell, 1969; with the exception of Gideon and Zachariah.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Zachariah's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Zachariah is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 20 degrees from Michael Phelps, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.