- James Ely's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
James Ely, Lyme, Conn., b. 1744, d. 1809, son of James Ely and Dorcas Andrews ; m. 1760, Catherine Hayes, East Haddam, Conn., who was b. 1745, and d. 1809; m. 2nd, Prudence Hewitt (Marvin). (Was this a brief marriage? His death date is listed as the same year as his first wife. Flanagan-597 21:25, 29 June 2015 (EDT))Their children : —
1. Richard, b. 1769, d. 1844, m. Lucretia Ray.
2. James, b. 1771, d. 1848, m. 1792 Rispah Beebe.
3. Dorcas, b. 1773, d. 1795, m. 1795 Dyar Emmons.
4. Phebe, b. 1775, d. 1863,
5. Aaron, b. 1778, d. 1800.
6. John, b. 1781, d. 1817, m. 1802 Lucy Miller.
7. Catherine, b. 1783, d. 181 1.
8. William, b. 1785, d. 1821.
9. Calvin, b. 1788, d. 1790. 
- ↑ The Ely Ancestry, p.145
- The Ely ancestry : lineage of Richard Ely of Plymouth, England, who came to Boston, Mass., about 1655, & settled at Lyme, Conn. in 1660
Thanks to Joshua Allen for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Joshua and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with James by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Gaylord Smith - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 235837
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.