Categories: Clan Erskine.
|Thomas Erskine is a member of Clan Erskine.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Scottish Clans Project!
- Thomas Erskine, 2nd Lord Erskine was the son of Sir Robert Erskine of that Ilk, 1st Lord Erskine and Lady Elizabeth Lindsay. He married Janet Douglas before 1445. He died before 1493.
- He was invested as a Knight before January 1440/41. He succeeded to the title of 14th Earl of Mar [S., c. 1115] between 7 September 1451 and 6 November 1452, de jure. He succeeded to the title of 2nd Lord Erskine [S., 1438] between 7 September 1451 and 6 November 1452. He held the office of Sheriff of Stirling in 1483.
- G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000)
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003)
- This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011.
- This person was created through the import of Family Line.ged on 01 March 2011.
- This person was created through the import of 2011-05-03 Family Tree_2011-05-24.ged on 25 May 2011.
- WikiTree profile Erskine-256 created through the import of Rhodes 2011_2011-07-09_01_01.ged on Jul 9, 2011 by Tom Rhodes.
- WikiTree profile Erskine-430 created through the import of Andy Askey Family Sandbox_2011-08-20_01_01.ged on Aug 20, 2011 by Andy Askey.
- WikiTree profile Erskine-437 created through the import of Bobster_s Tree Aug 2011_2011-08-28.ged on Aug 29, 2011 by Robert Baldwin.
- WikiTree profile Erskine-564 created through the import of Bobster_s Tree Aug 2011_2011-10-10_01.ged on Oct 10, 2011 by Robert Eugene Garcia.
- First-hand information as remembered by Alan MacLeod, Monday, December 15, 2014.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thomas by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Dan Thompson, Robert Garcia, Andy Askey, Elliott Burke, and Alan MacLeod. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 17, 2013 at 18:59GMT Maria Maxwell wrote:
Thomas is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 22 degrees from Mark Hamill, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.