- Richard (Evreux) d'Evreux's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
He was the founder of the great Norman abbey of St. Sauveur, furnished eighty ships for the invasion of England, and with his son, William, fought by the Conqueror's side at Hastings, "bearing himself gallantly in the battle."
- Occupation: 2nd Count of Evreux; Count of Rouen
- M #2 Godeheut --, by whom he had daughter Bertha.
- The Battle Abbey Roll with Some Accounts of the Norman Lineages, by Duchess of Cleveland, publ. 1889 by John Murray, London, England
|Our main source for medieval genealogy in the EuroAristo Project is the FMG database MEDIEVAL LANDS: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families by Charles Cawley,© Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, 2000-2013.|
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Richard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ted Williams, Sheri Sturm, Richard Ragland, Roger Travis, Marc Cohen, and Glen Perry. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.