- Richard (Evreux) d'Evreux's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
He was the founder of the great Norman abbey of St. Sauveur, furnished eighty ships for the invasion of England, and with his son, William, fought by the Conqueror's side at Hastings, "bearing himself gallantly in the battle."
- Occupation: 2nd Count of Evreux; Count of Rouen
- M #2 Godeheut --, by whom he had daughter Bertha.
- The Battle Abbey Roll with Some Accounts of the Norman Lineages, by Duchess of Cleveland, publ. 1889 by John Murray, London, England
|Our main source for medieval genealogy in the EuroAristo Project is the FMG database MEDIEVAL LANDS: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families by Charles Cawley,© Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, 2000-2013.|
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Richard by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Gaylord Smith - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 235837
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ted Williams, Roger Travis, Sheri Sturm, Richard Ragland, Marc Cohen, and Glen Perry. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.