- Martha (Fairbanks) Leland's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Martha may have had a first husband, Oliver Death with whom she may have had three children, Oliver, Caleb (died young), and John. With second husband, it appears he had three children as well, Deborah, Caleb (named in honor of brother who passed, became a Capt.), and Lydia. The Ancestry of Robert Roy shows Crane, Ellery Bicknell, Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Massachusetts. New York: The Lewis Publishing Co., 1907, as their source for this information. Upon checking this source, I have found one instance of the name Martha Fairbanks, of Sherborn, Massachusetts, in Volume 4, page 188.
Of Matha Fairbanks, the following is said: 'Benjamin Mason, son of Joseph Mason was born at Watertown, Massachusetts. July 14 1717.He married, September 28, 1741, Martha Fairbanks, of Sherborn, Massachusetts, where he resided for a time.
This may indicate a third husband. More research is needed.
- 22 JAN 1680, Sherborn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, Colonial America
- 03 APR 1754, Sherborn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, Colonial America
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Martha's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michael Thomas and Robin Craig. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 30, 2015 at 19:02GMT R Murphy wrote: