- Peter Field's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Peter Field was born
24 July 1707
Peter Field died St Peters, New Kent, Virginia, USA
Peter Field ... 
Peter Field, Major (John1) was born 1642 in Henrico County, VA, and died July 24, 1707 in New Kent Parish, VA. He married Judith Soane October 21, 1678 in Chickhominy, Charles City County, VA, daughter of Henry Sloane and Judith Fuller. She was born Abt. 1646 in Litlington, Sussex, England.Children of Peter Field and Judith Soane are: +2i.Martha3 Field, born February 23, 1680/81; died February 1776. +3ii.Mary Field, born February 03, 1678/79; died August 13, 1715.
Major Peter Field was a public figure during colonial times . Several of his descendants joined the Colonial Dames base d on his public service. He was born Charles City County, Virginia ca. 1647. By 1678, he moved to Henrico County, Virginia, and his home was named Curtis Plantation. In the levy of 1678, he was assessed with seven tithables. On October 21, 1678, Peter married Judith Sloane Randolph, widow of H enry Randolph and daughter of Henry Sloane, Speaker of the House of Burgesses. On November 15, 1678, Peter was commissioned Justice of the Peace in Henrico County, and he also served as a major in the colonial militia.
Shortly before his death, Peter moved to New Kent County, Virginia, and there is a record in the New Kent Parish Register of his death on July 24, 1707, and burial on July 29 . A deed on record there in August, 1707, speaks of him a s deceased. In July, 1709, there was recorded a deed from Thomas Jefferson and his wife Mary, daughter of Peter Field , late of New Kent County, deceased. On August, 1711, a deed from John Archer and Martha, his wife, to William Randolph, for 961 acres left Martha by will of Peter Field.
- ↑ Entered by Arik Russell, Jul 22, 2011
- ↑ http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/LIPFORD/2006-06/1150043165
- ↑ http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=norvan&id=I74399
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Peter's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 20, 2014 at 07:31GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On November 20, 2014 at 07:28GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
Henrico County: Virginia: Beginnings of Its Families: Part III William Clayton Torrence The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 4 (Apr., 1916), pp. 262-283 Published by: Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture Article DOI: 10.2307/1914683 Article Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1914683