This profile is B.C. (B.C.E.) dates are speculative
est. 0400-0324 B.C.
|This person came from Ireland.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Irish Roots Project!
Aenghus Tuirmheach Teamhrach, 384 B.C. His son, Fiacha Firmara (so called from being exposed in a small boat on the sea) was ancestor of the Kings of Dalriada and Argyle in Scotland. This Aongus was slain at Tara (Teamhrach). He was called Aenghus Tuirmheach because the nobility of the race of Eireamhon are traced to him.
- Death: Date: 325 BC
- Place: Tara, Ireland. Could not interpret date in Death Date (325 BC).
- Some sources list Aenghus' father as Temrach or Eder Sal Teamrach, and jump over several of the generations listed here to Eochaidh Ailtleathan. He was called Aenghus Tuirmheach because the nobility of the race of Eremon are traced to him. The Annals of the Four Masters does not give his father's name, but the proposed lineage here contradicts the lineage given for Sirna Saeghlach in the Annals.
- Aenghus slew Fearghus Fortamhail to become the eighty-first monarch of Ireland ca. 384 BC and reigned for thirty years.
- Name: Oengus (Angus) Tuirmech 81st King of /IRELAND/
- Date: ABT 400 BC
- Meath, Leinster, Ireland
- Husband: Oengus (Angus) Tuirmech 81st King of Ireland
- Wife: Ingen Queen of Ireland Aengusa
- Child: Fiachu Firmara Macaengusa
- Place: Tara Castle, Meath, Leinster, Ireland
- ↑ The Monarchs of Ireland, added by Bairfield-1 12:09, 7 July 2014 (EDT)
- ↑ cyclopedia.info.wiki entry for Oengus Tuirmech Temrach
- Alan O. Anderson., Scottish annals from English chroniclers A.D. 500 to 1286 . Published 1908 by D.N. Nutt in London .
Teamhrach-1 created through the import of O'Bryan Family tree.ged on Sep 6, 2011 by Tim Tropeck.
This person was created through the import of LJ Pellman Consolidated Family_2011-03-21.ged on 21 March 2011.
WikiTree profile Ireland-473 created through the import of Bailey Hollington Family Tree_2012-01-26_01.ged on Jan 27, 2012 by Gordon Bailey. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Gordon and others.
Thanks to Katherine Wall for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Katherine and others.
Searching for someone else?
- Anroth mac Anarath, Mac Fer Firalmai
- Fir Cetharrad, Mac Fer (Firrocht) Cetharocht
- Firrocht Rath, Mac Fer (Anroth) Raith
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Angus Tuirmheach's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Gene Adkins, Michelle Brooks, and Gordon Bailey. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.