- Johann Philipp Fishburn's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Place: Farmer, Derry Township; Gunsmith/
- Type: Comment 1
- Date: 1749
- Place: Sailed from Rotterdam to America
- Type: Comment 2
- Place: Returned to Germany and brought back his
- Type: Comment 3
- Place: bride to be Caterine Elizabeth Bretz
- Type: Comment 4
- Date: 1773
- Place: Constable of Derry Township
- Type: Comment 5
- Date: 1782
- Place: Overseer of Roads
- Note: #N49
- WikiTree profile Fishburn-52 created through the import of Denia 2012-10-05 12 generations of ancestors.ged on Oct 6, 2012 by Denia Pearson. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Denia and others.
- Note N49Phillip Fishburn came to America in 1749. He was a wealthy man because he owned and operated the Fishburn vineyards and winery in Planig, Germany. (Planig's nearest railroad station is in Frankfort, Germany).
- The original Fishburn home is right on the square of Planig. It still stands with the Fishburn Coat of Arms between the door and eaves. Actually there are four Fishburn homes and the Fishburn Church (across the street from the Phillip Fishburn's home) on the Planig Square. The original Fishburn home has been kept in tact, including the furniture. Modern additions have been added on the back.
- The wine warehouses are caves and the operation is still in the Fishburn Family. The wine is imported into the U.S. as Blue Nun, but there is no indication on the label that it is from the Fishburn vineyard and winery.
- This information comes from cousin, Paul Hoffer, Millerstown, PA (his mother was a Fishburn) through cousin Vera Weaver. When Paul Hoffer visited Planig he slept in the bed where Phillip Fishburn was born (1722). Paul also has pictures of the original house.
- Rudolph (Jack) Myers' grandmother was a Fishburn.
- June Myers Pearson
- The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume 127
- page 65
- Mrs. Frances E. Fishburn Bricker.
- DAR ID Number: 126214
- Born in Cumberland County, Pa.
- Wife of William W. Bricker.
- Descendant of John Karman, Philip Fishbourn and Philip Fishbourn, Jr., as follows:
- 1. John Fishbourn, Jr. (1813-95), m. 1840 Susanna Raven (1821-95).
- 2. John Fishbourn (1784-1861) m. 1809 Catherine Carmana (Karman) (1791-1874).
- [p.65] 3. John Karman m. Barbara Wonderlich (1765-1849); Philip Fishbourn, Jr. (1754-1851), m. 1st 1780 Barbara Greiner (1759-90).
- 4. Philip Fishbourn m. Catherine E. Bretz (1724-88).
- John Karman (1760-1840) served as private in the Lancaster County militia, 2d company, 2d battalion, under Capt. Michael Holderbaum and Lieut. Alex. Martin. He was born in Dauphin County; died in Hummelstown, Pa.
- Philip Fishbourn (1722-95) was a gunsmith in the Revolution. He was born in Germany; died in Dauphin County, Pa.
- Philip Fishbourn, Jr. (1754-1851), in 1833 applied for a pension, which was granted for service as private, Pennsylvania line. He was born and died in Dauphin County, Pa.
- November 29, 1979!SOURCES:
- ! LETTERS, 4/89 AND OTHERS FROM ANNA MARTIN, PALMYRA, PA, YIN0002.
- ! "THE FISHBURNS", BY JOHN E. FISHBURN, SUN RIVER, OR, YIN0018.
- ! "FISHBURN CHRONOLOGICAL RECORD", PHILIP B. FISHBURN, 1893,YIN0019.
- ! LETTER, 11/4/75 FROM PAUL HOFFER TO ANNA MARTIN, YIN0022.
- ! LETTER, 4/23/89 FROM DEBORAH NELSON, ELLSWORTH AFB, SD,YIN0020.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Johann Philipp by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Johann Philipp:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Johann Philipp is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 28 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 38 degrees from Gene Kelly, 25 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.