Categories: Bigod-2 Descendants | Bigod-1 Descendants | Clare-651 Descendants | Clare-673 Descendants | Lacy-284 Descendants | Quincy-226 Descendants | De Vere-309 Descendants | Magna Carta | Who Do You Think You Are (US).
|This person is a descendant of a Magna Carta surety baron.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Magna Carta Project!
- Elizabeth fitz Alan
- b. abt 1371 (age 44 in 1415), Arundel, Sussex, England
- d. 8 Jul 1425, Wighill, Yorkshire (Age 54)
- Burial: St Michael Churchyard, Hoveringham, Newark and Sherwood District, Nottinghamshire.
- Father: Richard Fitzalan, 11th/4th Earl of Arundel (1346 - 21 Sep 1397)
- Mother: Elizabeth de Bohun (c1350 - 3 Apr 1385)
- m.1 Dec 1378 William Montacute (1360 - 06 Aug 1382) Salisbury, Wiltshire
- m.2 July 1384 at Arundel Castle, Sussex, Thomas Mowbray, 1st Duke of Norfolk (22 Mar 1366 - 22 Sep 1399) Issue:
- Thomas, 7th Baron Mowbray 1385 - 1405
- John, 2nd Duke of Norfolk 1389 - 1432
- Elizabeth, wife of Sir Michael de la Pole, 3rd Earl of Suffolk
- Isabel , wife of Sir Henry Ferrers and of Sir James Berkeley, 1st (aka 6th) Baron Berkeley
- Margaret, wife of Sir Robert Howard and of Sir John Grey
- Joan (1401 - Apr 1466), wife of Sir Thomas Stanley, 1st Baron
- Elizabeth (1402 - After 1453), wife of Sir Robert Wingfield
- Robert Goushill was removed as her son August 23, 2015. With three daughters born of her (brief) marriage to Robert Goushill (Richardson's Plantagenet Ancestry says Joyce & her two sisters sued their uncle Nicholas Goushill in 1408), it's doubtful that Robert was also hers. He is still attached as her husband's son.
- ↑ Tierney, M. A.. The history and antiquities of the castle and town of Arundel : including the biography of its earls, from the conquest to the present time. London: G. and Note: Vol. 2 t.p. missing.
Roberts, G. B. (2004). Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co.
Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants (Vol II)
Weis. F. (n.d.) The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215. Baltimore
Faris D. (n.d.) Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century Colonists. Baltimore, MD.
Verified from the Genealogy worksheets compiled by Ralph Pryor during his 40 years of research, traveling extensively in the military and in retirement. Entered by Greg Rose, Grandson.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Source: #Lewis
- ↑ Elaborate Tomb in Church
- ↑ Thomas de Mowbray, Duke of Norfolk executed Elizabeth's father.
- ↑ Elizabeth de Bohun's father: William, 1st Earl of Northampton
- ↑ William Mantacute's father: William, 2nd Earl of Salisbury; Montecute's Age: 18 Her Age: 7
- ↑ marriage to Sir Thomas Mowbray as his second wife in July 1384 per #Richardson
- ↑ entry replaces previous one of unknown source: m.2 1394 Thomas Mowbray, 1st Duke of Norfolk (c.1362 - 1399). His Age: 22 Her Age: Unknown
- ↑ two sons, Sir Thomas and Sir John, and three daughters, Elizabeth, Isabel, and Margaret (#Lewis); Elizabeth added to children of Elizabeth and Thoma Mowbray previously listed in profile (no sources attached but comparable to those listed by Lewis; "5 children" also in Magna Carta Ancestry #Richardson)
- ↑ Robert Goushill's father: Sir Nicholas Goushill; His Age: 51 Her Age: 30
- ↑ also a daughter Joyce with Robert Goushill, but no issue marriage/issue listed for her by #Lewis, citing Richardson's Plantagenet Ancestry
- ↑ Wikipedia
- ↑ m Sir Gerard Ufflete before 1408; he died between 30 September 1420, the date of his will, and 12 February 1421, the date his estate was probated (Lewis, citing Richardson)
- ↑ "Valerie Bertinelli."Who Do You Think You Are (US) (Season 5 Episode 4). TLC. 13 Aug 2014. Note: Valerie is viewing a book Arundel 1 (p159) in the archives of the College and consulting with Peter O'Donoghue, the Herald of Arms at the College of Arms, London.
- Richardson, Douglas: Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Royal Ancestry series, 2nd edition, 4 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2011), Volume 2, page 195, FITZALAN 8.
- Elizabeth FitzAlan, "Our Royal, Titled, Noble, and Commoner Ancestors and Cousins" (website, compiled by Mr. Marlyn Lewis, Portland, OR; accessed August 21, 2015), citing mostly Richardson (see link for specific citations)
- Wikipedia: Elizabeth FitzAlan
- European Royal and Noble Houses (lists many other sources).
- Beltz, George. Memorials of the Order of the Garter (William Pickering, London, 1841) Page 298
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Tim Perry, Bob Fields, John Putnam, Robin Wood, Ted Williams, Randy Whited, Clint Norwood, Maude Gunn, Kim Ostermyer, and Herb Henderson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On August 21, 2015 at 17:54GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On August 20, 2015 at 16:15GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On July 31, 2015 at 23:29GMT John Atkinson wrote:
On July 5, 2014 at 15:55GMT Sheri Havens wrote:
On March 29, 2014 at 19:11GMT Darlene Athey Hill wrote:
Elizabeth is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 31 degrees from Gene Kelly, 22 degrees from Bram Stoker and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.