Elizabeth fitz Alan
- Elizabeth fitz Alan
- b. abt 1371 (age 44 in 1415)
- d. 8 Jul 1425, Wighill, Yorkshire (Age 54).
- Burial: St Michael Churchyard, Hoveringham, Newark and Sherwood District, Nottinghamshire.
- Father: Richard Fitzalan, 11th/4th Earl of Arundel (1346 - 21 Sep 1397)
- Mother: Elizabeth de Bohun (d. 03 Apr 1385)
- m.1 Dec 1378 William Montacute (1360 - 06 Aug 1382) Salisbury, Wiltshire
- m.2 1394 Thomas Mowbray, 1st Duke of Norfolk (c.1362 - 1399). Issue:
- Thomas, 7th Baron Mowbray 1385 - 1405
- John, 2nd Duke of Norfolk 1389 - 1432
- m.3 Aug 1401 Sir Robert Goushill (1350 - 21 Jul 1403) Hoveringham, Nottinghamshire. Issue:
- Joan (1401 - Apr 1466)
- Elizabeth (1402 - After 1453)
- m.4 before 1411 Sir Gerard Afflete
- Richardson, Douglas: Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd edn. (2011), 4 vols, Volume 2, page 195, FITZALAN 8.
- European Royal and Noble Houses (lists many other sources).
- Tierney, M. A.. The history and antiquities of the castle and town of Arundel : including the biography of its earls, from the conquest to the present time. London: G. and Note: Vol. 2 t.p. missing.
- Roberts, G. B. (2004). Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co.
- Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants (Vol II )
- Weis. F. (n.d.) The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215. Baltimore
- Faris D. (n.d.) Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century Colonists. Baltimore, MD.
- Verified from the Genealogy worksheets compiled by Ralph Pryor during his 40 years of research, traveling extensively in the military and in retirement. Entered by Greg Rose, Grandson.
- Elaborate Tomb in Church
- Thomas de Mowbray, Duke of Norfolk executed Elizabeth's father.
- father: William, 1st Earl of Northampton
- Father: William, 2nd Earl of Salisbury; Montecute's Age: 18 Her Age: 7
- His Age: 22 Her Age: Unknown
- Father: Sir Nicholas Goushill; His Age: 51 Her Age: 30
- ↑ "Valerie Bertinelli."Who Do You Think You Are (US) (Season 5 Episode 4). TLC. 13 Aug 2014. Note: Valerie is viewing a book Arundel 1 (p159) in the archives of the College and consulting with Peter O'Donoghue, the Herald of Arms at the College of Arms, London.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Bob Fields, John Putnam, Tim Perry, Herb Henderson, Randy Whited, Ted Williams, Clint Norwood, Robin Wood, and Kim Ostermyer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 5, 2014 at 15:55GMT Sheri Havens wrote:
On March 29, 2014 at 19:11GMT Darlene Athey Hill wrote: