- John Fitzwilliam's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Sir John FitzWilliam was born on 25 July 1377 at of Sprotborough, Baildon, Emley, & West Haddlesey in Birkin, Yorkshire, England. He married Eleanor Greene, daughter of Sir Henry Greene, Lord Drayton and Maud Mauduit, before 1397; They had 6 sons (Sir John I; Nicholas; Ralph; Robert; William; & John II, Esq.) and 2 daughters (Maud, wife of John Bosville; & Joan) Sir John FitzWilliam died on 5 July 1417 at age 39.
- 25 JUL 1377 Sprotborough, Yorkshire, England
- 25 JUL 1377 Sprotbourough, Yorkshire, England
- 05 JUL 1417 Emley, Wakefield, Yorkshire, England
- Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=20194044&pid=2873
- OneWorldTree [database on-line]. Ancestry.com. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc.
- World Family Tree. Brøderbund Software, Inc., Vol. 3, Ed. 1 (February 9, 1996; Customer pedigree. Family Archive CD: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=6676093&pid=-1250178321
- Ancestral File(R) (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998)
- Richardson, Douglas. Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 623; 634.
- Richardson, Douglas. Magna Carta Ancestry, p. 350.
- Richardson, Douglas. Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 477., Vol. I, p. 478., Vol. II, p. 217., Vol. III, p. 467-468., Vol. III, p. 484.
- Richardson, Douglas. Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 209., Vol. II, p. 676., Vol. IV, p. 514., Vol. IV, p. 545.
- Richardson, Douglas: Plantagenet Ancestry, 2nd edn. (2011), 3 vols, Volume 2, page 108, FITZWILLIAM 10.
- Marlyn Lewis.
- This posting gives more details and sources on the line back to Ralph Cromwell and forward down the senior line to the heiress Dorothy Copley, and beyond.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Alan Boswell, Ross Holman, and Jeffrey Beaman. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 12, 2015 at 15:38GMT Bob Tonsmeire wrote:
On April 12, 2015 at 15:36GMT Bob Tonsmeire wrote:
On December 8, 2014 at 12:58GMT Alan Boswell wrote: