- Ephraim Flint's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Ephraim Flint, son of Col. John Flint and Abigail (Butterick) Flint was born Mar. 4, 1713/14 at Concord, MA.
Ephraim graduated from Harvard College in 1733 with a Bachelor of Art's Degree and received a Master's Degree in 1736. In 1737 he reached the age of 24 and he took possession of about 260 acres of the Flint Farm in Lincoln, that he inherited from his uncle Ephraim who had no children of his own. The same uncle established the Flint scholarship at Harvard, which provided for young Ephraim's education.
After graduating Harvard, Ephraim became the schoolmaster at Concord.
On Mar. 31, 1743 at Concord, he married Ruth Wheeler, daughter of Thomas Wheeler and Mary Munroe. She was born Feb. 5, 1726/7 at Concord. They had six recorded children, the eldest two at Concord and the rest at adjacent Lincoln, Mass.
In 1746, at the establishment of the Second Precinct of Concord, Ephraim was chosen Precinct Clerk and Assessor. That same year he was among the men who built the Second Parish Meetinghouse. That year he also gave one acre of his land for the first burying ground at Lincoln.
During his lifetime he purchased additional acreage and expanded his land holdings and was quite wealthy. He was one of a handful of slave owner's of Lincoln. After his widow Ruth remarried, his son Ephraim became owner of the Flint Farm.
At the incorporation of Lincoln in 1754, he was chosen Town Clerk, Selectman and Treasurer, positions which he held until 1757.
In 1755 he was paid for teaching at the first school in Lincoln.
He rose to the rank of Captain during the French and Indian Wars.
He died at Lincoln, MA on Dec. 21, 1762. After his death his widow Ruth married Bradyl/Bradwell Smith as his third wife.
Ephraim, born May 13, 1745; died Sept. 1, 1824; married first Catharine Fox who died Oct. 18, 1785; married second Rebecca Wright. 
Mary, born Mar. 22, 1747; died July 1846; married Samuel Hartwell. 
John born June 9, 1754; died Sept. 6, 1810; married Esther Fuller. 
Abel born June 22, 1758; died Jan. 17, 1789. 
Ruth born Nov. 3, 1760; died Mar. 1, 1838. 
Abigail born Mar. 30, 1763. 
Flint Homestead, Lincoln, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Births, Marriages Deaths
FLINT, Ephraim, s. Lt. John and Abigail, Mar. 4, 1713-14. (p. 83)
WHEELER, Ruth, d. Thomas and Mary, Feb. 5, 1726-7. (p. 117)
Flint, Ephraim, s. Ephraim and Ruth, May 13, 1745. (p. 163)
Flint, Mary, d. Mr. Ephraim and Mrs. Ruth, Mar. 22, 1747. (p. 172) 
Abel, s. Ephraim and Ruth, June 22, 1758. (p. 36)
Abigail, d. Ruth, wid., Mar. 30, 1763. (p. 36)
Ephraim, s. Ephraim and Ruth, May 13, 1745. (p. 36)
John, s. Ephraim and Ruth, June 9, 1754. (p. 37)
Ruth, d. Ephraim and Ruth, Nov. 3, 1760. (p. 37)
FLINT, Ruth, Mrs. [int. omits Mrs.], and Capt. Braddwell [int. Braddwill] Smith of Weston, Nov. 20, 1766. [Mrs. Ruth and Capt. Braddyll Smith. CR1] (p. 108)
Flint, Ephraim and Catharine Fox, July 2, 1772. [Mrs. Catharine. MR] [Mrs. Catherine. CR1] (son) (p. 108)
Flint, Ephraim and Rebecca Right of Concord, int. Feb. 19, 1798. (son) (p. 108)
Flint, John, s. Ephraim and Ruth, and Esther Fuller, d. Noah and Esther, July 9, 1795* PR1 (p 108)
Flint, Mary and Samuel Hartwell, Sept. 12, 1769. [Mrs. Mary. MR] [Mrs. Mary and Samuell Heartwell. CR1] (p. 108)
FLINT, Ephraim, Dec. 21, 1762. [Ephraim Flint, A.M., s. Col. John of Concord, Dec. 26, a. 49. GR3] (p. 161)
Flint, Abel, Jan. 17, 1789. [Abel Flint, A.B., Jan. 27, in 31st y. GR3] (p. 161)
Flint, Esther, w. John, Jan. 12, 1811, a. 43. PR1 (p. 161)
Flint, John [h. Esther], Sept. 6, 1810, a. 56. PR1 (p. 162)
Flint, Ruth, Mar. 1, 1838, a. 77. (p. 162)
Flint, Ephraim, Sept. 1, 1824, a. 79. (p. 161)
Flint, Katharine, w. Ephriam, Oct. 18, 1785. [in 34th y. GR3] (p. 162)
Flint, Rebecca, w. Ephraim, Apr. 2, 1843, a. 82. GR3 (p. 163)
Hartwell, Mary, wid., old age, July 23, 1846, a. 98. [July 21. GR3] (p. 164)
GR3 = New Cemetery 
Burial: Lincoln Cemetery, Lincoln, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Ephraim Flint Sr. Death: Dec. 6, 1762 Lincoln
NOTE: Abigail Flint m. Dec. 29, 1784 at Walpole, NH, John Wheeler, s. John Wheeler and Lydia Allen, b. Mar. 13, 1761 per his Rev. War Pension file (b. Mar. 23, 1761)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.lincolntown.org/DocumentCenter/View/6870
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Concord Massachusetts Births, Marriages and Deaths 1635-1850, George Tolman, T. Todd Printers, Printed by the Town
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Vital Records of Lincoln Massachusetts to the Year 1850, NEHGS, Boston, 1908
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_House
- ↑ Find A Grave Memorial# 52697254
- ↑ http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=52697254
- ↑ Genealogies of Some Old Families of Concord, Massachusetts and Their Descendants, in Part to the Present Generation, Volume 1, by Charles Edward Potter, Heritage Books, Concord, MA1995
- ↑ A History of the Town of Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts: From Its Earliest Settlement to 1832, by Lemuel Shattuck, Russell, Odiorne, and Company, Acton, MA 1835
- ↑ The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Volumes 14-15, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1860
- ↑ Biographical Sketches of Graduates of Harvard University: In Cambridge, Massachusetts, Volume 9, by John Langdon Sibley, Clifford Kenyon Shipton, Massachusetts Historical Society, 1956
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Ephraim's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.