- Bartholomew Fortesque's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Father John Fortescue, Esq. b. c 1460, d. 2 Jun 1502
Mother Jacquetta St. Leger b. c 1460, d. bt 1535 - 1544
Bartholomew Fortescue was born circa 1490 at of Filleigh, Wear Gifford, Combe in Holbeton, & East Buckland, Devonshire, England. He married Ellen Moore, daughter of Maurice Moore, Esq. and Cecily Bonville, before 1513; They had 2 sons (Richard, Esq; & Lewis) & 5 daughters (Gertrude, wife of Barnard Drake; Mary, wife of Humphrey Yeo; Ellen, wife of William Canwell; Elizabeth, wife of Lewis Hatch, Gent., & of Geoffrey Tothill, Gent; & Anne, wife of John Raleigh). Bartholomew Fortescue died on 12 September 1557 at of Corscombe, Somersetshire, England.
- Ellen Moore b. c 1495
- Elizabeth, wife of Lewis Hatch, Gent., & of Geoffrey Tothill, Gent b. 1531, d. a 23 Apr 1587
- Gertrude, wife of Barnard Drake b. c 1538, d. 10 Feb 1601
- Richard, Esq
- Ellen, wife of William Canwell
- Anne, wife of John Raleigh
- Mary, wife of Humphrey Yeo
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 9.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 9-10.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 513.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Bartholomew's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.