- Christopher Foster's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
d. 24 Dec 1687 Southampton, Suffolk, New York
Dickson (1914), claimed that the immigrant Christopher Foster is the same person as Christopher (Wickham) Foster, Gent. ... son of James Wyckham (alias: John Foster) of Reading Berkshire, and Margaret Servington. But this seems unlikely being that they're from different English counties, and had different occupations.
- Rebecca (b. c.1635)
- Nathaniel (b. c.1633)
- John (b. c.1634)
- Hannah m. Daniel Sayre (Father: Thomas Sayre)
- "In the Abigail prd. P. Cert. from the minister of their conformitie and from the Justices, that they are no susidy men."
- Christopher ffoster ae 32
- Bxor ffrancis ffost
- Rabecca ffoster ae 5
- Nathaniel ffostr ae 2
- Jo. Ffoster ae 1
- Alice Steevens 22
- Tho Steevens 12
- 1638: Lynn
- husbandry; famer
Dickson, H.C. (1914). Some chronicles of the Cory family relating to Eliakim and Sarah Sayre Cory and their descendants, Westfield, N.J., Ballston Spa, N.Y.: with others from "John of Southold," (pp.83). T.A. Wright. Google Books.
Pope, C.H. (2010). The Pioneers of Massachusetts: A Descriptive List, Drawn from Records of the Colonies, Towns, and Churches, and Other Contemporaneous Documents, (pp.172). Google Books.
Banks, C.E. Planter of the Commonwealth. N.p.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Pope, 2010
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Dickson, 1914
- ↑ There is no way to confirm this, since parish records (which we hold here), start at 1604.
- However, I have checked the transcripts to these records for the period immediately after 1604 and again from 1624 to 1635 and have found the following entries:
- -1628 'Chrystopher ffoster and ffrancis Steven were maryed one the foure and twentye daye of December 1628.'
- -1630 'Rebecka foster the daughter of Christopher foster was baptized the vth daye of Marche.'
- -1632 'Nathaniel foster the sonne of Christopher foster was baptized the fourthe daye of Maye.'
- -1634 'Johanes filius Christopherij ffoster Baptizatus erat Ocatauo die Maij.'
- (e-mail 30 Jan 2004 from Ruth Drysdale for County Archivist - Surrey History Centre)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s: Gale Research: The Generations Network, Inc., 2009. Filby, P. William, ed.. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s. Farmington Hills, M U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900: Yates Publishing: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004; Heritage Consulting. The Millennium File. Salt Lake City, UT, USA: Heritage Consulting.Original data: Heritage Consulting. The Millennium File. Salt Lake City, UT; Family Data Collection - Deaths: Edmund West. The Generations Network, Inc., 2001; Family Data Collection - Births: Edmund West. The Generations Network, Inc., 2001
- ↑ Frances: age 25 in 1635; Rebecca: age 5 in 1635; John: age 1 in 1635 (Pope, 2010)
- ↑ Book traces 2,646 American immigrants with a clear record. Says that Christopher Foster was a "husbandman [farmer] of Ewell, County Surrey," and that Alice Stevens was "probably sister of Mrs. Foster.". He adds the following about the "Abigail" on which others of the passengers were John Winthrop Jr. age 27 and his wife Elizabth and son Deane.
"Abigail of London, Richard Hackwell, Master. She listed passengers for New England from Jun 4 until July 24, and sailed from Plymouth as her last port of departure, about Aug. 1, with two hundred and twenty persons aboard, and many cattle. She arrived at Boston about Oct. 8, 1635, infected with smallpox. Among those coming in this ship, but not listed, were Sir Henry Vane, son and heir to Sir Henry Vane, Comptroller of the King's Household, traveling incognite, the Reverend Hugh Peter, pastor of the English Church at Rotterdam, and the Reverend John Wilson, who was returning to Boston, with his wife, her first appearance in New England.
- ↑ They were part of the Puritan migration and Hugh Peters, later Cromwell's chaplain, was on the same ship and helped form the church congregation to which Christopher belonged.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Christopher's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michael McCook, Jonathan Watson, and X Gorby. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 27 Aug 2014 at 14:07 GMT Nan Lambert wrote:
Christopher is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 29 degrees from Michael Phelps, 26 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.