Categories: The Dutch Cape Colony 1652-1806.
|Martha (Fourij) Lombard was part of the settlement of the Dutch Cape Colony.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Cape of Good Hope - Kaap de Goede Hoop (1652-1806) Project!
- Date: Martha Fourie was born about 1695. 
- Date: 1701-03-27
- Event: Baptism
- Event Place: Dutch Reformed Church, Drakenstein
- Child: Marthe
- Father: Louis Fourij
- Mother: Susanne Cordie
- ‘’Le 27 mars 1701- √ Marthe fille de Louis Fourij Et de Susanne Cordie Le temoins Et Louis Cordie Et francoisse Martinet; pour Marraine ’’
- Marthe (Martha) Fourie b4 is gedoop op 27 Maart 1701 in die NGK Drakenstein. 
- Marthe, daughter of Louis Fourij and Susanne Cordie, the witnesses Louis Cordie and Francoisse Martinet, as godmother. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms. 
- Sy trou met in Mei 1720 met Pieter Lombard seun van Pierre Lombard en Marie Couteau, hy is gebore in 1689. Full 
- Date: Martha Fourie passed away about 1775. 
- WikiTree profile Fourie-42 created through the import of My Family.Pretorius.Van_Wyk.DeWaal.Potgieter.2011.ged on Sep 19, 2011 by Judy Potgieter. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Judy and others.
- familiebond Full
- Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register 
- WikiTree profile Fourie-225 through the import of Van der Walt Family Tree.ged on Jan 22, 2013 by Rene van der Walt. Record ID Number: MH:I2367 : User ID: 170A21D2-4B0E-4B34-9D17-66A6C175D20D : UPD 15 JUL 2012 15:18:30 GMT+12
- WikiTree profile Fourie-704 through the import of 66222y_767377262ia52c4wh643ch.ged on Sep 2, 2013 by Pieter Fourie. User ID: 5219A8B238BB4547AE4115BF7B83A1CA : Record ID Number: MH:I500138 UPD 25 AUG 2013 06:48:21 GMT -0500
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Transcription: Page 16, Date : 1701-03-27 ‘’Le 27 mars 1701- √ Marthe fille de Louis Fourij Et de Susanne Cordie Le temoins Et Louis Cordie Et francoisse Martinet; pour Marraine’’. Transcrcribed by Ronel Olivier from records sited at ”South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Register, Drakenstein. Private photo collection: Photo taken by R. Olivier (2005) : Page 16: Image 16 : Source: Verbatim Copies VC 644: Cape town repository Original registers located at Dutch Reformed Church Archive, Noordwal-Wes, Stellenbosch as G3 3/1. Seen and entered by Ronel Olivier Sept 08, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Johan Smit, Tuesday, September 23, 2014. Replace this citation if there is another source.
- ↑ Hennie Scheepers 2 February 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Alta Bekker 12 May 2015.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Martha by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Martha:
- Barry-John Murphy : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A487395, Ancestry member icepicknz + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A487395, FTDNA kit #B110285
- Petrus Boshoff : Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 Mar 2016 at 18:07 GMT Philip van der Walt wrote:
On 29 May 2015 at 19:43 GMT Philip van der Walt wrote:
On 25 May 2015 at 08:41 GMT Esmé (Pieterse) van der Westhuizen wrote:
On 12 May 2015 at 06:01 GMT Alta (Bannink) Bekker wrote:
On 30 Jan 2015 at 17:48 GMT Johan Rossouw wrote:
Martha is 27 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 30 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 37 degrees from Michael Phelps, 30 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.