- William Anderson Fowler's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: 704E545C62D640F89FCF9019788787E560BE
- Data Changed:
- Date: 16 Mar 2011
- Time: 21:09
- Date: 16 Mar 2011
Prior to import, this record was last changed 21:09 16 Mar 2011.
- WikiTree profile Fowler-1226 created through the import of Gedcom ONE for WikiTree.ged on Aug 7, 2011 by Dolores M. Pringle Pringle. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Dolores M. Pringle and others.
- Source: S98 Abbreviation: Ancestry Family Trees Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Repository: #R2 Paranthetical: Y Page: Ancestry Family Trees Quality or Certainty of Data: 3 Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=12744898&pid=489996393
- Repository: R2 Name: Ancestry.com Address: Ancestry.com CONT http://www.Ancestry.com Name: Ancestry.com Address 1: http://www.Ancestry.com
Susanna Fowler was the wife of Cader Baucom and the following information is how I determined William Anderson Fowler was her father Jim Baucom email@example.com The Abstracts of Early Deeds of Wake Co., NC states that on 15 July 1800 Cader Baucom sold 120 acres of land to his brother, Lewis Baucom and that Claiborne Fowler was a witness to the transaction. Cader had married Susannah Fowler on 31 July 1797. From that information I assumed that they were father and daughter or brother and sister, or at least related. From census records it was determined that Claiborne was actually 6 years older than Susannah. At that time she was 23 and he was 29.
THE HOUSE OF FOWLER, A HISTORY OF THE FOWLER FAMILIES OF THE SOUTH by Grover Parsons Fowler is a book available on line at Heritage Quest. Claiborne Anderson Fowler is found in Chapter 19 as being the son of Capt. William Anderson Fowler. Capt. Fowler made a will, the date not stated, before he died in 1799. The book does present all the words for of the will, just some information. He names as heirs his wife Mary, his sons Claiborne Anderson, and William, plus three married daughters, Nancy Hancock, Lavinia Peace and Delilah Williford. But there were 7 females in Fowlers household in the 1790 census. This leave 3 females who were not named in the will who were probably single and living at home when the will was made. From this I assume that Susannah was Capt. William Anderson Fowler daughter. One other clue is that Willis Baucom, a son of Cader Baucom and Susannah Fowler, named his a son William Anderson Baucom.
1790 Wake County Census William Fowler M=1, M 0-16=2, F= 7, other=1 slaves=1
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William Anderson by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with William Anderson:
- Kristi (Myers) Hancock : 23andMe, GEDMatch M213313 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch M213313, Ancestry member Kristi_Hancock
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William Anderson is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 31 degrees from Gene Kelly, 27 degrees from Bram Stoker and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.