- Chlodomir IV (Franks) Franken's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Disputed Existence.
See this brief commentary, and the pedigree of this fictional line, that continues up the generations, for quite some time. Apparently it tries to build a case on psuedo-conjecture, by using a combination of Biblical and other ancient texts. To understand where the tree is going ... Griswald (2004), explains that:
- "What is surprising is the number of different threads that exist from Abraham into Western Europe and the different paths they take. Several different threads are intertwined in the Merovingian families of Francia. Two pass from Egypt through Ireland into either Wales or Scotland. A third line comes directly from the Exilarchs (the leaders of the Jewish community in exile after the Diaspora) in Babylon. This thread goes directly into what is now southern France, where descendants married into the noble families of the region. "
For the curious... the line terminates at the top with the Bibilical, Abraham and Sarah.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Chlodomir IV's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Fields, Gene Adkins, Chet Spencer, April Pitney, David Rentschler, Stephen Bridges, LaVern Payne, and Rhidian Harrington. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 7, 2015 at 07:41GMT Rod Carty wrote:
and his mother should be http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Trinovantes-1
On March 7, 2015 at 07:29GMT Rod Carty wrote:
Sicambrian Kings, and Kings of the West franks, from whom the Kings of France are descended in the book Genealogical Tables of the Sovereigns of the World by Rev. William Betham http://www.archive.org/details/genealogicaltabl00beth
On March 7, 2015 at 07:28GMT Rod Carty wrote:
He is father of Faribert born about 122 and died 186, king of the Franks from his father's death in 166.
His father is Marcomir IV not VI, born about 128 and died in 149. He was king of Franconia from the death of his father in 128.
His mother is Athildus, born before 125, daughter of King Coel/Coilus of Britain
See Table CCCLXXI (371) The kings of the West-Franks, and Dukes of the East-Franks page 612 in Royal Genealogies, Or the Genealogical Tables of Emperors, Kings and Princes by James Anderson
On March 25, 2014 at 05:07GMT J Pictet wrote:
On March 25, 2014 at 04:28GMT Darrell Parker wrote: