Samuel Buchanan Frost
Samuel was born January 2, 1810 at Wake County, North Carolina. He was the first son of McCaslin Frost and Penina Smith, of the Carolinas, Tennessee and Illinois and Fremont County, Iowa). The first three children were born in Wake County, North Carolina. Before Samuel was six, his family moved to Knox County, Tennessee.
Samuel went on mission in 1841-43 in Tennessee.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Utah
Samuel and Rebecca with were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and were pioneers to Utah in 1861 with the William K. McKissack Co.
Children of Samuel and Rebecca Forman:
- Mary Frost mar Jerome Adams
- Sarah Frost mar Valentine Acord
- Nancy Frost mar Abram Acord
- William Anderson Frost died young
- Hetta Frost mar Stephen Allred
- Samuel Buchannan Frost mar Mary Patry
- James McCasslin Frost died young
- George Washington Frost died young
- John Wesley Frost died young
- Clay Frost died young
Samuel married 1863 at Salt Lake City 2) Esther Davis, born April 24, 1839, (daughter of William and Keziah Davis of Gloucestershire, England. They were pioneers in 1861, with the Joseph Horne company). Alternate marriage date for Samuel and Esther, "Sealing of a spouse," was 23 May 1870 at Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah. A marriage could have been performed prior to a sealing ceremony.
Children of Samuel and Esther Davis:
- Stephen Frost mar Sena Jensen
- Chauncey Frost mar Lorevia Warner
- Adolph Frost
- Rebecca Frost mar Peter Nielsen
- Margaret Elzira Frost mar Organe Warner
- Iven Frost
- Marion Frost
Samuel was Missionary to southern states and a ward teacher, and a Judge. He was also a farmer and blacksmith.
Death and Legacy
Samuel passed away 27 June 1888 at Coyote, Garfield, Utah.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Esshom, Frank [Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah], (Pages 402, 880) Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Co., 1918, Web accessed July 8, 2014
- ↑ Bryson, Maureen "Samuel Buchanan Frost", Web accessed July 8, 2014
- ↑ Extracted LDS temple records listing a sealing to spouse.
- Bancroft, Hubert H., History of Utah 1540-1886
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Samuel Buchanan's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages:
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.