- William Fuller's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Dies Sunday Night
William Henry Fuller, 81, resident of this vicinity nearly eighty years, died Sunday evening at 8:05 at the Walworth County Hospital following an illness of two weeks. He was taken to the hospital Saturday.
Mr. Fuller was born June 27, 1857 at Pike, N. Y., the son of Cyrennius and Sarah Forncrook Fuller. At the age of 1½ years he came west with his parents and seven brothers and sisters. Another brother was born in Darien Township. Mr. Fuller spent the rest of his life in Darien and Delavan. He attended Delavan schools and Janesville high school. He was a member of the Baptist church from early boyhood.
On Oct. 27, 1886 he married Henrietta Louise Wilcox, daughter of Lyman and Elizabeth Wilcox who had come to Delavan from New York at an earlier date. Two children were born to them, Edna, now Mrs. E. W. Weaver of Stoughton and Harper of Los Angeles, Calif. Mrs. Fuller died Aug. 29, 1902. Thirteen years later he married Miss Marcia Wood who survives him. Three grandchildren, Elizabeth Weaver Oren of Madison, Harlan Weaver of Chicago and William Weaver of Stoughton survive. One great-grandson, Phillip Oren, Madison, also survives. The late Misses Mary and Helen Fuller, were his sisters. He is the last of his family and with his passing, Delavan loses a man of rare worth who was a friend indeed to everyone he knew, young and old.
Funeral services were held last Wednesday from the Lackey, Liddle and O'Brien funeral home to The Baptist church at 2 o'clock Rev. R. H. Eads officiated and burial was in Spring Grove Cemetery. Pallbearers were: N. H. Cobb, Elmer Southwick, Claude Higgins, Mate Reynolds, W. F. Fernholz, and H. A. Congdon.
- ↑ Entered by Charles Oliver, Sunday, December 15, 2013.
- ↑ The Delavan Republican, Delavan, Wisconsin, Thursday, 8 September 1938, page 1, column 4.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.