- Samuel Gallop's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
Samuel Gallop was christened 16 August 1629 at St Marys Church, Bridport, Dorset, England. He was a son of John Gallop and Christobel (Brushett) Gallop. His father emigrated to New England in 1730 and the rest of the family followed some time after July 1632, when John Winthrop wrote that he was having "much difficulty in to keep John Galloppe by reason his wife will not come. I marvel at the woman's weakness that she will live miserably with her children there, when she might live her comfortably with her husband."
Samuel married Mary Phillips in Boston, Massachusetts, on 20 January 1650/51.
- Date: 1667/1668
- Place: Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Source: #S32
- Record ID Number: 5148
- ↑ Anderson
- ↑ Anderson
- ↑ Boston, MA: Births, Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, 1630-1699. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2015.) Originally published as: A Report of the Record Commissioners of the City of Boston Containing Boston Births, Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, 1630-1699, Rockwell and Churchill, City Printers, Boston, 1883. page 56: Samuel of Samuel & Mary Gallop born 14th Feb.
- ↑ Legislators of the Massachusetts General Court, 1691-1780, AmericanAncestors.org. Samuel Gallup, born 1656: Bristol HR 1716, 17; selectman 1701, 11, 13-17; assessor 1711, 13-17; capt. 1690; M Elizabeth Southworth (c1666- 1709) in 1685, 5 ch; farmer, ?mariner. He was most active in 1716, reviewing treasurer accounts, trade, and taxes.
- Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Begins. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995. Pages 725-727.
- Source S32 Title: Ancestral File (TM)
- Repository: #REPO6
- Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Abbreviation: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Publication: June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998
- Source: S912890527 Repository: #REPO6 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=12954131&pid=463395065
- Repository REPO6 Name: Family History Library, 35 N West Temple Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84150 USA
- This person was created on 21 March 2011 through the import of Martin_O_Daniels_Lorentz_Toale.ged.
- This person was created through the import of Savage.ged on 21 February 2011.
Click the Changes tab to see the details of edits.
- Thank you to George Grazier for creating WikiTree profile Gallup-322 through the import of Grazier Family Tree.ged on Jan 24, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by George and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Samuel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ellen Smith and George Grazier. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On January 18, 2016 at 02:05GMT Ellen Smith wrote:
Samuel is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 45 degrees from Anne Frank, 16 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.