- Ellen (Galloway) de Quincy's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Her birth date is listed as 1196, abt 1200, and 1208 in various sources. Her mother was born in 1174. Elen was living 21 Nov 1245. 
- Buried at Brackley, Aberdeenshire, Scotland,  before12 June 1250 [date of Roger's second marriage].
Helen (also known as Ela or Elena) had two half-sisters and co-heiresses, Devorguilla (or 'Derborgaill', mother of King John of Scotland), and Christina (or 'Cairistiona'). Helen, eldest daughter and co-heiress of Alan, Lord of Galloway. Countess of Winchester. Without legitimate sons to succeed him, Alan's lands and dignities were divided between the husbands of his three daughters, so Roger acquired Alan's position as Constable of Scotland, and one-third of the lordship of Galloway (although the actual title of Lord of Galloway went through Helen's half-sister Devorguilla to her husband John I de Balliol).
The three daughters of Roger and Helen of Galloway were:
Helen (also known as Ela or Elena), who married Alan Baron Zouche of Ashby;
Elizabeth (also known as Isabella) married Alexander Comyn, 2nd Earl of Buchan;
Margaret married William de Ferrers, 5th Earl of Derby (and was thus stepmother to her own stepmother).
- Magna Carta Ancestry 2011 2nd ed. Vol. III p. 412-416
- See also:
- Frederick Lewis Weis, Th. D. Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, The Fourth Edition (With Additions and Corrections By Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., M. S.; 1971
- Some Descendants of Charlemagne,
- Magna Carta Ancestry, Vol. III, page 412, QUINCY 2, Volume 1, page 412. CHARLTON 2.
- Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, (2011), Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Royal Ancestry series, 2nd edition, 4 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2011), volume III, page 412 #2
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Ellen's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David Robinson, Beverley Scott, Ellen Blackwell, Bob Fields, Ted Williams, Allan Stuart, and Wendy Hampton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.