- William Gascoigne XII's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
THE PEERAGE 176182
He was the twelfth William Gascoigne in Thoresby's pedigree: "Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorp, , married Margaret d of Henry Percy 3rd Earl of Northumberland." 
m. Margaret Percy (Father: Henry Percy, 3rd Earl of Northumberland) abt 25 Jun 1435. Issue: 6 sons, 7 dau.
- Sir William, Knt. (son and h.)
- Eleanor (no issue)
- Maude (no issue)
- Joan (no issue)
- Margaret m. Lord Ralph Ogle
- Elisabeth m. Sir George Talboys
- Anne or Agnes m. Sir Thomas Fairfax (d. 1520) of Walton‡
- Dorothy m. Sir Ninian Markenfield
Justice of the Peace for the West Riding, Yorkshire.
Knight of the Body for Richard III.
1485: Battle of Bosworth.
"Sir William Gascoigne, of Gawthorp, admitted of Corpus Christi, York, in 1473, and died 4 March (?May), 1486/7, seised of the manor of Whatton, co. Notts., of Bentley, co. York, and many others. He had custody of Knaresborough castle, under the Earl of Northumberland."
Fletcher, W.G.D., (1887). Leicestershire Pedigrees and Royal Descents, (pp.162). Clarke and Hodgson. Google Books.
Foster, J. (1874). Pedigrees of the County Families of Yorkshire, (Vol. 1, Part 2).
St-George, R. (1875). The Visitation of Yorkshire in 1584/5 made by Robert Glover, Somerset Herald, and in 1612, (pp. 384-5). Joseph Foster, Ed. London. Gascoigne of Gawthorpe, Sedbury &c.
Harleian Society, (1881). The Visitation of Yorkshire 1563-4 made by William Flower Esq, (Vol 16, pp. 133-136). London.
Ralph Thoresby “Ducatus Leodiensis; or the Topography of the antient and populous Town and Parish of Leedes and parts adjacent in the West Riding of the County of York, 1715. P. 176-178 on Google Books
Lewis, M. (n.d.) our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com.
Richardson, D. (2011). Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study In Colonial And Medieval Families, 2nd ed. pp. 141. Google Books
Surtees Society, (1862). "Pedigree of Sir William Gascoyn of Galthrop." Heraldic Visitation of the Northern Counties in 1520 by Thomas Tonge Norroy King of Arms, (Vol 41 pp. 14-5). Durham.
Washington Family Register
- ↑ Wikipedia: Margaret Percy; Surtees Society, 1862; The Visitation of Yorkshire 1563-4; Visitation of Yorkshire 1584/5; Foster, 1874; Plantagenet Ancestry, 2011
NOTE: old Gascoigne pedigrees aren't reliable -- early generations are fictitious, and the 2 generations before the Clarell marriage tend to be confused.
- ↑ Gascoigne pedigree in Ralph Thoresby “Ducatus Leodiensis; or the Topography of the antient and populous Town and Parish of Leedes and parts adjacent in the West Riding of the County of York, 1715. P. 176-178 on Google Books
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Plantagenet Ancestry, 2011
- ↑ Foster, 1874
Searching for someone else?
- William Gascoigne XI
- Thomas William Gascoigne
- William Gascoigne
- William (Gascoigne) Gascoyne III
- William (Gascoigne) de Gascoigne VII
- William Gascoigne VIII
- William Gascoigne
- William Gascoigne
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Caroline Shultz, Jamie Swindells, Jeffrey Steele, Wendy Hampton, and Rachel Russell. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 31 degrees from Gene Kelly, 22 degrees from Bram Stoker and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.