- Thomas Gates's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: United States Unsourced Profiles.
This person was created through the import of breesefam.ged on 09 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
Sir Thomas was born in 1590. Sir Thomas Gates ... He passed away in 1660. 
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
- ↑ First-hand information as remembered by Richard Boggan, Friday, February 28, 2014. Replace this citation if there is another source.
- Add sources here.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Thomas's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Tanya Breese and Richard Boggan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 27, 2016 at 05:56GMT Mary Richardson wrote:
This man and wife are on my Heritage and Jamestown. He was not the Govenor. Just a person named Thomas Gates according to the Jamestown. muster of 1624 shows the man's name is George Gates....
On March 5, 2016 at 14:20GMT Cheryl Caudill wrote:
Also none of the children listed on this profile are listed as son's of Governor Gates and 2 of them were born long after he passed.
I believe that if this Thomas Gates dates and locations, spouse and children are correct for him, then this is not the same profile as that of Governor Thomas Gates and needs to be corrected and sources established to verify the profile information.
On March 5, 2016 at 14:06GMT Cheryl Caudill wrote:
On June 2, Gates departed for Virginia aboard the flagship Sea Venture (or Sea Adventure), one of nine ships carrying a total of about 500 settlers. September 7, 1622 - Sir Dudley Carleton writes a letter informing an English official of the death, in the Netherlands, of Sir Thomas Gates, describing him as "an ancient honest gentlemen of this nation." Sir Thomas Gates
On February 8, 2015 at 23:16GMT Robin Lee wrote:
Thomas is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 28 degrees from Gene Kelly, 15 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.