|This person is an Acadian.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Acadians Project!
Marie Gaudet is the ancestral matriarch of one of the branches of the Acadian Aucoin family.
Marie was born around 1657 to parents Denis Gaudet and Martine Gauthier.
Around 1657 Marie married Martin Aucoin, whose parents are unknown. According to one descendant, their marriage took place in Port-Royal, Acadia. Between about 1674 and before 1707 Marie gave birth 19 children: Martin, Marie, Michel, Isabelle (Elisabeth), Louise, Agnès, twins Alexis and Augustin, Cécile, Anne-Marie, Pierre, René, Catherine, Antoine, Françoise, Joseph, Jean, Charles, and an unknown girl.
Between 1679 and 1686 his children were born in Beaubassin. In 1686 the family settled in the Minas Basin near Rivière des Canards.
Marie died at St Joseph de Rivieres-aux-Canards.
DNA. Marie Gaudet's mother was Martine Gauthier. The Mothers of Acadia Maternal DNA project is conducting ongoing research to verify their origins. In 2010, Stephen White reported that Martine Gauthier had a J1b1 haplogroup. I don't know the details re how many of her descendants were tested to support this report. Lucie Leblanc Constantino describes one maternal tree here. Ongoing test results are also reported here. As of May 2014, 2 of 2 descendants have reported a J haplogroup, indicating European origins.
- c1657 birth
- c1673 marriage to Martin Aucoin
- c1674 birth, son Martin
- c1676 birth, daughter Marie
- c1677 birth, son Michel
- c1679 birth, daughter Isabelle (Elsabeth) in Beaubassin
- 1681 birth, daughter Louise in Beaubassin
- 1682 birth, daughter Agnès in Beaubassin
- 1684 birth, son Alexis (twin) in Beaubassin
- 1684 birth, son Augustin (twin) in Beaubassin
- 1686 birth, daughter Cécile in Beaubassin
- 1686 residence, in Minas Basin
- c1687 birth, daughter Anne-Mare
- c1689 birth, son Pierre
- c1690 birth, son René
- c1692 birth, daughter Catherine
- 1693 residence, in Minas Basin
- c1694 birth, son Antoine
- c1696 birth, daughter Françoise
- 1686 residence, in Minas Basin
- c1698 birth, son Joseph
- a1698 birth, son Jean
- a1698 birth, son Charles
- b1707 birth, daughter unknown
- 1701 residence, in Rivère des Canards
- 1707 residence, in Minas Basin
- 17?? death, Rivère des Canards
- 1671 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Denis GAUDET, 46, wife, Martine GAUTHIER 62; Children (the first 2 married): Anne 25, Marie 21, Pierre 20, Pierre 17, Marie 14; cattle 9, sheep 13.
- 1686 Acadian Census at Baye des Mines: Martin AUCOIN 35, Marie GAUDET 27; children: Martin 12, Marie 10, Michel 9, Isabelle 7, Louis 6, Agnesse 4, Alexis 3, Cecille 7 months; 1 gun, 15 cattle, 10 sheep, 6 hogs.
- 1693 Acadian census at Mines: Martin AUCOIN 46, Marie GODET his wife 36, Martin 20, Marie 18, Michel 16, Isabelle 14, Louise 13, Agnes 11, Cecile 9, Alexis 8, Anne Marie 6, Pierre 4, Paul 3, Caterine 1; 14 cattle, 10 sheep, 4 hogs, 8 arpents, 1 gun.
- 1701 Acadian census at Rivère des Canards: Martin AUCOIN, père [father or Sr.], his wife, 1 boy, 10 arpents, 15 cattle, 12 sheep, 8 hogs, 1 gun.
- 1707 Acadian census at Mines: Martin AUCOIN, his wife, 2 boys 14 or older, 4 younger boys, 2 girls 12 or older, 2 younger girls; 7 arpents, 15 cattle, 20 sheep, 12 hogs.
- 1714 Acadian census at Rivère des Canards: Widow AUCOIN, 2 sons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 White, Stephen A., Patrice Gallant, and Hector-J Hébert. Dictionnaire Généalogique Des Familles Acadiennes. Moncton, N.-B.: Centre D'études Acadiennes, Université De Moncton, 1999, Print, p668-669; 41-44; Note corrections.
- ↑ White, Stephen A. Origins of the Pioneers of Acadia. According to the Depositions Made by Their Descendants at Belle- Ile-en-Mer in 1767.
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- User ID: E6487255B34E41B7B73722B4ED33F333F8CB
- Data Changed:
- Date: 21 JUN 2014
Prior to import, this record was last changed 21 JUN 2014.
Stephen A White, DGFA v1, p41 Aucoin Martin Stephen A White, DGFA v1, p41-44 Aucoin Martin Stephen A White, DGFA v1, p668-669 Gaudet Denis
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Marie Jeanne's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Port-Royal, Acadie 1671 Comments: 0. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roland Arsenault, Don Stone, Lianne Lavoie, Nadine Rider, and Antoinia Breau. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 1, 2014 at 20:15GMT Don Stone wrote: